*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946910-Spiritual-Newsletter-for-February-Deadline-21119
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#946910 added February 13, 2019 at 2:12pm
Restrictions: None
Spiritual Newsletter for February (Deadline 2/11/19)
Research

http://time.com/4197928/history-black-history-month/
https://bahaiteachings.org/black-pupil-where-light-spirit-shines
https://bahaiteachings.org/black-pupil-eye-source-light
https://bahaiteachings.org/bahai-pupil-eye-metaphor
https://bahaiteachings.org/series/the-universal-emancipation-proclamation

Editors' Picks

1. A Prayer for Eli
2. Key of Unity
3. Inside and Out
4. I Stand Amazed
5. Why in the World?
6. Inside and Out
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

A Spiritual Look At Black History Month

Heading 2

What is the spiritual significance of Black History Month?

Hook

Does Black History Month have a spiritual significance?

About This Newsletter

Hi, I'm, a new spiritual newsletter editor, my name is Neva Darbe, AKA Prosperous Snow Glob. I'm a Baha'i and a world citizen, who lives in Las Vegas, Nevada, in the western part of the United States. If you have any questions you want answered, please submit them in the section for feedback at the bottom of this newsletter.

Letter From the Editor

"Baha’u’llah once compared the coloured people to the black pupil of the eye surrounded by the white. In this black pupil you see the reflection of that which is before it, and through it the light of the Spirit shines forth."
Abdu’l-Baha, Abdu’l-Baha in London, p. 68.

Does Black History Month have a spiritual significance? If so, what is it? The spiritual significance of Black History Month is justice, which is one of the attributes of God. In February, everyone in the United States gets a chance to learn about the contributions of American history by African-Americans. Discussions of these contributions were glazed over or missing from history books in the early and middle parts of the twentieth century, when I went to grade school and high school.

The foundation for Black History Month was laid down Carter Godwin Woodson (1875 - 1950), an historian and educator, in 1915. Dr. Woodson, along with Jesse E. Moorland, established the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History (1915), which became Association for the Study of African American Life and History. In 1926, the second week in February was named "Negro History Week", and in 1976 President Gerald Ford proclaimed February Back History Month. See, This Is How February Became Black History Month   by Julia Zorthian for more information on the history of Black History Month.

Humanity is a single species, just as the different complexions of skin tone and thought enhance and beautify the species. So does the history of each component of the species enhance the history of the entire human race. We cannot get a complete picture of history if part of that history is missing because the, spiritual or material, contributions of the numerous black heroes, both men and women, are overlooked or left out of the history of the United States. Only now, in the early part of the twenty-first century are we beginning to get a better picture of the contributions of those great men and women.

I know that there are other segments of the human race that have not been included in history classes. I encourage you to interview family or friends who were born in the twentieth century and lived through those historic years. Interview them. Find out about your family history and that of your local community or state that these individuals have lived through. Their memories are treasures that we need to record and get on paper or any other medium that can preserve their history. Remember by recording these memories you are practicing the spiritual attribute of justice, which in its simplest definition if righting a wrong.

Editors Picks

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2179994 by Not Available.

Excerpt: I pray that on that not-so-distant day when you take your first wobbly steps across that wooden floor at home, your tiny bare feet slapping the floor to some undiscovered, inner cadence...your arms pulled up high against your chest and your face a mixture of determination and unbridled excitement...that your mom will be there steadfastly encouraging you, giving you the freedom and room to grow, and waiting to catch you in loving arm should you start to fall. And that throughout your childhood...that will define the nature of your relationship with her...

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2179501 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Angels and demons
         Heroes and heathens

 Inside and Out  (ASR)
How can we believe that one’s skin color, girth or age makes them more or less likable?
#616676 by Kenzie

Excerpt: Open the package
         And look inside
         I’m more than
         The eye can see

 I Stand Amazed  (E)
A poem I wrote in college and revised slightly. Thanks folks!
#1516126 by Steve adding writing to ntbk.

Excerpt: Thank you Lord for the cross You bore,
         The one that has my blood mixed with Yours.
         Though my sins were black as coal,
         You freely came in and cleansed my soul.
         And now I stand amazed.

 Why in the World?  (E)
My sleeping mind considers why the universe might exist.
#2045973 by Joto-Kai

Excerpt: He appeared to me, seated in a booth in a garden restaurant. At the time, the Old Man didn't look like much in his button-up plaid shirt and tan jacket. I think He saves the white beard and throne for the kings of old and their subjects. He didn't invite me, per se, to join Him. Instead, His presence drew me.

 Inside and Out  (ASR)
How can we believe that one’s skin color, girth or age makes them more or less likable?
#616676 by Kenzie

Excerpt: Open the package
         And look inside
         I’m more than
         The eye can see



Quick-Quill writes: I find it curious to understand those who do not believe in God, or his birth, yet observe the traditions that all point to this supernatural event. It is the single event that has affected the entire world no matter how hard they try to protest its validity. Thank God he loves us in spite of those who are doubters.

Joy writes: Beautiful reflections upon your present blessings. Thankfulness is good for us. They say a grateful heart is the beginning of greatness. *Smile*

LegendaryMask❤️ writes: What a wonderful piece, it is such a delight to talk to our Father. He is so worthy of praise. Thank you so much for including 2 of my pieces in your newsletter. I am honored to have been included.
May you always be blessed,


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946910-Spiritual-Newsletter-for-February-Deadline-21119