*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947729-December-18-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#947729 added December 18, 2018 at 7:20am
Restrictions: None
December 18, 2018
"December 18, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformAn image for a blog that I hope will take root.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

An image for a blog that I hope will take root. What does Romans 3: 23 mean to you?

Romans 3: 23 tells me that all human beings are sinners who stand guilty before God. There is nothing we can do on our own to overcome sin as it is passed down from father to father as it has been since Adam. If we have an earthly father then we have an overwhelming propensity to sin and we do so.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: “Enlightenment arrives like a thief in the middle of the dark night of the soul.” ― Stefan Emunds
Let this quote inspire your blog entry. Write about either enlightenment or the dark night of the soul. If you want, you can write about both."

Enlightenment to me comes from the word of God. I have read the Bible cover to cover at least 25 times and always learn something new from it. I have never found any of it to contradict or conflict and science is slowly proving everything in it to be accurate. Of course it is accurate because it is the inerrant word of the living God. Some parts of it may be hard to understand and accept but it is accurate. I have people ask me all the time how a loving God can condemn anybody to a burning hell. My answer is that God will not condemn anybody to hell. He has made provision for everybody to dwell with him eternally. However many people will condemn themselves to a burning hell because they reject God's provision and love sin more. This will cause God's righteous anger and bring on the curse of hell. God is God. By His very nature He is sovereign. Who are we to question Him? He does not permit us to question Him. He only permits our obedience and faith.

Blog City image small "Prompt: In figuring out--beforehand--what other people will do, how often do you get it right? Does your sixth sense or gut feeling help or does it confuse you?"

I try not to depend on luck, gut feelings, and my sixth sense as all these things are pagan. I try to stay in prayer and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit who speaks to me through God's word and my conscience. Luck, gut feelings, and sixth sense have too many trappings of the pagan practices of magic to me. I admit that I once briefly studied psychic phenomena thinking that perhaps it was an untapped natural resource. However God steered me away from it because there are too many pagan roots involved in it. Witchcraft is condemned in God's word because it involves idolatry. I leave it alone.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947729-December-18-2018