*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947825-The-Pillow-Poker
Rated: E · Book · Paranormal · #2177646
A collection of stories about growing up on an old haunted dairy farm.
#947825 added December 19, 2018 at 5:54pm
Restrictions: None
The Pillow Poker
The entity that shared the cottage with me was usually pretty good at keeping to the “agreement.” The entity could do whatever it wanted while I was gone. When I was home – it had to leave me alone. We only had problems when I watched Ghost Hunters or Destination Truth at night.

One night, after a Ghost Hunters marathon, I crawled in bed, pulled up the covers, and lay staring at the ceiling. Poke. Poke. Poke. “Jeff! Stop poking my pillow, ya little idiot!”

I rolled over on my side. Poke. Poke. Poke. “Come on! I’m trying to get to sleep, Bub!” Poke. Poke. Poke. I rolled over onto my stomach and raised up to yell at him. He wasn’t there. I leaned over and looked under my bed. He wasn’t there either. Then I remembered I had closed my door and he was on the other side of it.

I pointed at the empty spot behind my pillow. The entity was probably standing elsewhere and laughing at me, but I didn’t care. “We had a deal! Back to the closet and leave my pillow alone!”

I rolled back over. Poke. Poke. Poke.

“TO THE CLOSET!!! OR YOU’RE OUT!!!”

Yeah, another moment when the entity was having fun, and I was a jerk. It was also another lesson learned about living with entities. So long as they’re not doing any damage – why not let them have fun.
© Copyright 2018 paranormalnut (UN: paranormalnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
paranormalnut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947825-The-Pillow-Poker