*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948367-My-today
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#948367 added December 28, 2018 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
My today
1. I dropped my phone and now it doesn't work. The people at the AT&T store said the digitizer didn't work and to take it to the Apple store. The people at the Apple store said there was a great long list I had to get on and it would be way this afternoon before a technician could see me. So now I am at home and I will drive back up there later. It's kind of peaceful, not having a phone.

2. My teenage daughter and my teenage son both cleaned up their rooms. They are really cleaned up, I tell you! The boy cleaned his up because he has this girlfriend and he wanted to be able to invite her over. The girl couldn't let her brother get ahead of her. The downside is that there are currently 8047 loads of clothes to wash, which I am currently enjoying procrastinating.

3. My car needs a new battery. My daughter who is home from college has been loaning me her car. I am waiting until I get my check on the third of January to see about getting it fixed. It's kind of peaceful not having a car.

4. I have been enjoying my Snoopy and Charlie Brown calendar for a year. I regret that I only have three and a half more days to look at it. This is one of the few years I haven't been given a wall calendar for Christmas. My college-age daughter did give me a small appointment type calendar. Well, I guess I will have the pleasure of picking out my own calendar for a change, something I haven't done in years.

5. I have started back to drinking. No, not that! Diet Mountain Dew. I decided a couple of years ago to see what it was like not drinking DMD all the time. It had been about 25 years since I hadn't drunk about 2 or 3 a day. I started drinking it the year it came out, I think, which was in the late 80s. So I gave them up except for once or twice a month as an occasional treat. What I have been drinking is unsweet iced tea, which I actually like. As much of a sweet tooth as I have, I have never liked sweet iced tea for some reason. I don't admit this to everybody here in the American South. It is somewhat of a heresy not to drink sweet tea. But I digress. After these couple of years of not drinking DMD except every once in a while, my husband was going to the store and I asked him to bring me one. It had been a couple of months. He misunderstood and brought me a twelve pack. I have been going strong ever since. I have decided that God wants me to drink Diet Mountain Dew. He put it on the earth for me to drink. So there.


© Copyright 2018 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948367-My-today