*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948719-Off-and-Running
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#948719 added January 2, 2019 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
Off and Running
Maybe I misspoke, I should have said Off and Walking but it doesn't have the same ring, and I should include bike riding. I didn't walk as far as I wanted yesterday due to cold temps and wind. Then I see on TV, the folks back east with cold temps, snow and wind. I think I must be a wimp! Actually I'm old and can use any excuse I want.

I did ride the bike yesterday but that isn't enough exercise to fill in the rings on my watch. Funny how something like that (rings on a watch) can motivate you to get off your duff and try to complete the circles. If I walk 2 1/2 miles that puts me over 10,000 steps and I want to make that my daily goal plus riding the bike for 30 min to 1 hour daily.

Rain is scheduled off and on during the next few weeks so I doubt I will reach my goal daily unless I go to Lowes and walk around inside the box store.

I'm chastising my dog Gracie for her barking, she is a little dog that wants to be heard. I'm at the age where I think dogs and cats should be seen not heard! Kidding but her constant barking at nothing, does get on my nerves. We do use a bark collar that emits citronella every time she barks and that does control (sometimes) her want to bark. When I walk her on leash she never barks and I praise her as we walk around.

Our sphinx cat is a crier, she wants to be heard also, and I don't know what she wants. She has a bowl of dried food out and we give her raw chicken twice a day. You never know what she is looking for. She sticks her butt in the air and likes her back rubbed and her tail pulled on. If we put a sweater on her she doesn't cry but when she walks her back legs bend down like she's carrying the weight of the world on her back. Go figure!

I'm waiting on the technicians who are coming to put up our TV, they called to advise me they were over booked and their arrival time would be between 11 and 12. I'm the last one out of 4 installations they are doing today. So I did some dusting and changed out the filter for the heater/air conditioning, plus siting here putting words on paper.

Must be time to sign off, I'm continuing my optimistic thoughts about the New Year. I'm going to be a half full kind of guy!

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948719-Off-and-Running