*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948824-This-and-that
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#948824 added January 3, 2019 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
This and that
I know this is the second blog entry of five items and that life doesn't happen in groups of five, but mine has lately. So there.

1. It has rained and rained for days and days, to the point that I have declared my intention not to set foot out the door another time until it stops raining. Truly, I am frustrated with all this bad weather. My shoes got wet last night and still weren't all the way dry this morning. Ick. My dogs, who have a dog door, like to go out and get wet, then come in and love on me. Very funny.

2. Last night my 17-year-old daughter had a sleep study. I am quite sure she does not have sleep apnea. In fact, I am not positive why her doctor cooked this up, but I went with it. I stayed up there with her. We both slept better than I thought we would. I thought we would come home and fall into bed. Well, I did fall into bed, and it was SO COMFORTABLE, but guess what? I was wide awake and so was Anna Claire. It wasn't until around 1:00 this afternoon that we both felt sleepy.

3 I have discovered that a subscription to Reader's Digest magazine is only $15 for two years, so I subscribed to it. I used to love Reader's Digest when I was a teenager. In fact, my mother had this boyfriend whose mother had a great big collection of old copies of Reader's Digest and I loved going to her house to read them. She had them all in a row on a shelf next to the stairs in her house. I would sit on the stairs by the hour and devour as many issues as I could.

4. I ordered several things from this pizza place nearby for lunch. I wanted pasta, some wanted pizza, plus I ordered a dessert pizza, which I don't usually do. We sat here hungrily, looking out the window. Around fifteen minutes after it was supposed to get here, we felt as though we were going to wither away, so I called them. Their driver didn't show up to work. I sent my kids up there to get it. The lady working there felt so bad she gave us some free stuff and upsized our dessert pizza to a large.

5. I got my old Sherlock Holmes books out and I have been re-reading them. I had my first library job as a shelver at South Hills library when I was 18 years old. This is where I discovered I loved Arthur Conan Doyle's stuff and that he had written other things besides Sherlock.

Now you know what I know.





© Copyright 2019 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948824-This-and-that