*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948895-Enjoying-the-Walk
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#948895 added January 4, 2019 at 6:43pm
Restrictions: None
Enjoying the Walk
I've been walking with my travel companion Gracie, my dog, and we have been doing good. I have over the years walked and at one time I jogged, but my knees started to bother me so walking is where I'm at. I've never been a speed walker, I go at my own pace and sometimes Gracie tries to get me to move faster. Sometimes I try to get Gracie to move faster also, so it's even.

With rain in the forecast I'm not sure what we're going to do. The closest enclosed mall is 10 to 12 miles away and not really an option. I could go to Lowes and walk around the store with my dog, but I don't know if they would appreciate my walking in their store and not buying anything.

I managed to ride the bike for 45 min and walked for 1 and half miles today. My wife and I also used a blower to move the leaves to the dirt so I could rake them up. We worked from 8:30 to 11:30 and called it a day. That's the nice thing about our schedule, we work in the mornings and call it quits before noon, and enjoy the afternoon.

The lady came out and gave us a bid on the rain gutters and it came in less than I was expecting. So I advised them we would call as soon as we painted the fascia where the gutters will go.

We'll see how the tax season goes and maybe we can get the circular drive also.

My wife informed me that she would like to replace our garage door, so I've put that on our list of things to want.

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948895-Enjoying-the-Walk