*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949610-NPR---My-Go-To-Source-for-Headlines
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949610 added January 14, 2019 at 8:51am
Restrictions: None
NPR - My Go To Source for Headlines
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT January 13th
Open your local paper or browse online for a news story headline that grabs your attention and share it with us. Try to venture outside your comfort zone and read a story you wouldn’t normally read or even one from another country!


I'm playing catch up from the weekend here, it is hard for me to blog on the weekends so I try to catch up on Monday morning on the two prompts I miss. I don't typically get the newspaper but I do read the news online. I actually get the bulk of my new from listening to NPR. I listen to it a little obsessively at times. I love NPR because they cover the world, not just the same stories as the other national news channels. They have journalists going all over the globe to pursue stories I really don't hear covered anywhere else. This past weekend I hear stories from the front lines of the immigration debate...a family of immigrants waiting on asylum on the other side of the wall. It is these kind of stories that catch my attention, the personal stories behind the political grandstanding. It is particularly moving to hear the interviews, to know that there is a journalist standing with them in the shadow of the border, capturing their story first hand. I'm always impressed by the compassion and honestly the NPR journalists convey during their story making. There are many times I'm listening in my car and even if I've reached my ultimate destination, I sit there and continue to listen. It is news but it is also compelling story telling at the same time.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949610-NPR---My-Go-To-Source-for-Headlines