*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949762-January-16-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#949762 added January 16, 2019 at 7:43am
Restrictions: None
January 16, 2019
"January 16, 2019 Me in my Salvation Army uniformAn image for a blog that I hope will take root.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

An image for a blog that I hope will take root. Prompt: Explain Isaiah 52: 14 to a non-believer.

Isaiah 52: 14 is a prophecy about Jesus made over 750 years before its fulfillment. Jesus was beaten so badly by the Roman soldiers and the Jewish council soldiers that His face was beyond recognition. Matthew 26: 67 has the beginning of the fulfillment of this scripture as it is here that the Jewish council begins beating Jesus.They then take Him to Pilate, the Roman governor of Judea and Pilate sends Him to King Herod. Herod's men take their turn beating, ridiculing, and mocking Jesus. (See Luke 23: 11.) Then Herod sends Jesus back to Pilate and Pilate's soldiers beat Jesus with a cat-o-nine-tails and rods as well as their fists and everything else. The torture Jesus endured prior to the crucifixion should have killed Him. Isaiah predicted these beatings some 750 years before their fulfillment. Only God could have told Isaiah that this was going to happen because God transcends time. There is no future with God. It is all the present to Him so He was able to tell Isaiah about Jesus' sufferings long before they happened. Isaiah 52 is a chapter full of Messianic prophecies. I hope you will investigate them!

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "You've just been given a new job, you're a destination adviser aka travel agent. Where would you recommend we travel to and why? What do you think we should do that will be useful in our writing later down the road."

I would have people travel to the Holy Lands with a known archaeologist who could explain the findings at archaeological digs and their comparison to Biblical accounts. Archaeology is a firm supporter of scripture.I have watched video presentation of the Holy Lands and the accuracy of scripture is astounding. To see the places where the events of the Bible actually took place brings the Bible alive. What a trip that would be!

Blog City image small Propmt: "What Hollywood movie remake would you like to have the leading role in?"

None. I don't support the blasphemous filth that comes out of Hollywood. It is sin city and I want nothing to do with it!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018

© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949762-January-16-2019