*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949764-Dealing-with-Stress
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949764 added January 16, 2019 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
Dealing with Stress
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT January 16th
I have a stressful day at work today ... What strategies do you use to manage stress in your life?
{/}

I've spent nearly twenty years in a demanding industry and have grown accustomed to stress to a degree. There are days though when it peaks, like the end of the fiscal year or around the holidays or during show season. The best way I cope at work is my Spotify playlists. Having the ability to have music playing really helps me stay focused and centered. I find I like a general acoustic vibe for background music most days and then when the pressure starts, I will usually switch over to something more edgy. My coworkers have learned if they walk by my office and hear Saliva or the Pretty Reckless playing...they should steer clear.

At home, my stress management doesn't change much even though my stressors tend to be very different. I still use music to soothe and keep me moving forward. I also like just taking a moment to sit on the back deck or in the sitting room and sip a hot coffee. Sometimes I take the time to write about it, especially if the stress is the kind that is elevated by thinking about and processing the problem. Keeping busy also does wonders for shifting my focus away from stress...there is always laundry and floors to clean, cabinets to rearrange...no shortage of household chores to take one's mind off stress.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949764-Dealing-with-Stress