*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949860-Fantasy-Newsletter-deadline-21819
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#949860 added February 20, 2019 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Fantasy Newsletter (deadline 2/18/19)
Editors Picks

1. Pirates of the Chocolate Factory
2. Weavers
3. Ship of Fate
4. Scooby-Do Sequel
5. They're Back
6. The Harvest
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

New Ideas for 2019

Heading 2

What generates your ideas for fantasy or science fiction?

Hook

Does a twenty pound goldfish or roaming camels spark a story idea?

About This Newsletter

Have your New Years resolutions begun wandering, like camels escaping from their enclosure and roaming into someone's yard. Have you caught a twenty pound goldfish idea in near by lake. Both of these examples come from recent news items I discovered on internet news sites.

Letter From the Editor

Normally, in order to find weird, unusual, odd, or true (but unbelievable) news stories, I have to do an internet search for "Weird News". Not last week. Last week all I had to do was access one of the news sites I read on a regular basis. The first story, that jumped out at me was about a man catching a twenty pound gold fish in a lake. The second concerned animal control and police officers corralling camels in a residential neighborhood.

The story about the goldfish was the most interesting. There was a picture of the guy holding the fish in both hands. The fish was gold, and it looked like it weighed twenty pounds. According to the story, the man's sister took the picture, and she posted it on one of the social media channels. I could not identify the fish species from the photo, so it could have been a carp or a Koi fish rather than a gold fish species. The man who caught the fish put it back in the lake. He hoped that someone else would catch it, and enjoy simply catching the fish as much as he did.

I have several questions that I would like answered about the fish. If it was a goldfish, what could have caused its unusual size? Was the fish, the results of a genetic experiment? It a real goldfish that someone tossed in the river or flushed down the toilet, and it grew to twenty pounds because of overeating in its new environment? Since the man threw the fish back without contacting an expert in fish species, the answer can only be left to the imagination of a writer.

Are there any unusual or mysterious news stories in your area of the world? Have you speculated in a fiction piece about the story behind an odd, weird, or mysterious news headline or story. If so, put a link to the story in the Writing.Com Item ID To Highlight at the bottom of this newsletter. The deadline is March 14, 2019.


Editors Picks

STATIC
Pirates of the Chocolate Factory  (13+)
Jack is in trouble with one of his enemies.
#1366912 by Lornda~ House of Martell ~

Excerpt: Captain Jack Marshmallow sat at his dressing table and gazed at himself in the mirror, fixing his shoulder length dreadlocks. He adjusted the big red knot at the back of his head to tighten the scarf around his forehead. He stood and pulled down his brown velvet vest, and fluffed his lace cuffs on the white flowing shirt. He gazed out the large arch window of the castle and saw the vast land, located on the fringes of Mt. Caramel. He stared at his friend Charlie Butterscotch who sat on a peppermint candy bench, laughing at one of the Loompa men. Jack never regretted seizing the candy factory from a man, who resembled a girl, named Wonkaa. Charlie helped him care for the factory and loved his job as a chocolate taster.

 
STATIC
Weavers  (13+)
Can Gregor Brannigan survive in the mystical realm of his bride, Kazia Czartoryscy?
#1987486 by Nixie Martell cheerleader

Excerpt: Gregor stood in the ancient chapel in Poland, horrified by the three ancient women—Rodzanice according to his wife—looming over the cradle ensconcing, Janek, his newborn son. Gregor's mind recoiled from the spectral sight and spun back to the first time he set eyes on his bride, Kazia . . .

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2181113 by Not Available.

Excerpt: “Mind if I kick the tires?” Captain Smith stared dubiously at his new craft.

 Scooby-Doo Sequel  (13+)
Make a sequel to your favorite Scooby-Doo movie. 7,040+ views
#1725780 by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

Excerpt: Got a favorite Scooby-Doo movie that you think deserves a sequel? Write it here.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2182623 by Not Available.

Excerpt: “I saw a UFO last night,” Anne said in order to start her first conversation with the cute new guy, Mark.

STATIC
The Harvest  (ASR)
Without a trace, they did what they needed to do in order to save their people.
#2181588 by Cubby~Cheering House Florent!

Excerpt: Kora carefully covered the small plastic container with its seal-proof lid and added it to the other neatly stacked tubs in the walk-in cooler before closing the heavy, metal door. Pulling off her plastic gloves, she pressed the foot-lever of the stainless steel waste bin labeled Contaminated Materials with the toe of her stiletto, and tossed them in. Disinfectant filled the air, and not a smudge nor fingerprint would be left anywhere.


Elfin Dragon-finally published writes: I've got a story "Invalid Item.

Quick-Quill writes: For those watching OUTLANDER does the portal they use to travel seem realistic enough? How about others who discover it? What are your thoughts on this series?


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949860-Fantasy-Newsletter-deadline-21819