*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950219-Farmer-McFadden-to-the-Rescue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Paranormal · #2180173
A mysterious letter from grandma has Pickles and Piper ready to solve a new mystery.
#950219 added January 22, 2019 at 1:30pm
Restrictions: None
Farmer McFadden to the Rescue
Grandma had hung up on the girls again. They were now at a total loss. “Suggestions,” asked Pickles.

“I say we call Farmer McFadden.”

The made a quick call and fifteen minutes later Farmer Mac, as the girls called him, pulled in with his bright red truck.

“Well, hello girls! This is a surprise,” said the old farmer as he jumped out of his pickup. “Grandma never said anything about you girls coming.”

“Not surprised,” mumbled Piper.

“It’s a long story,” said Pickles.

“Can’t wait to hear it!”

Farmer Mac helped the girls load their gear into the back of the pickup.

“Thanks so much for picking us up,” said Pickles.

“You’re lucky I was able to get here so fast,” he replied. “I just happened to be at the feed shop when you called.”

They climbed into the cab. The girls were worn out from the days adventure. “You two look like you could use a good meal.”

Piper and Pickles faces immediately brightened.

“Emma’s fixin’ up homemade soy burgers, chips, and broccoli smothered in cheese. If that doesn’t tempt ya, she’s making her prize winning apple pie topped with homemade ice cream for dessert,” he said with a sly smile.

“I’m in!” they both said cheerily.

The drove down the road in silence. The girls thinking about the delicious meal ahead, and Farmer Mac wondering why the girls were here.

“If you don’t mind me askin’, why are you girls up here?”

“Actually,” said Piper, giving a side glance at Pickles, “Grandma sent us a couple tickets to arrive today.”

“Ah,” replied the old farmer as he rubbed his stubby chin. “They forgot.”

“A bit more than that,” replied Pickles. The girls then described the whole phone call situation, and read the letter aloud to him. The farmer became very quiet, as though he was unsure of what to say. He straightened his cap and rubbed his chin again.

“Well, ya see, it’s like this. Your grandpa sold me the sheep 5 months ago. Emma finally opened her yarn shop and needed more fleece – so I bought them.”

“Didn’t he tell Grandma?” asked Pickles.

“Of course. She was happy to see them go to a good home.”

“Did you take Pimples too then?” asked Piper.

A strained look crossed the farmers face. It was obvious it wasn’t a story he wanted to tell. Piper wasn’t sure she wanted to know.
© Copyright 2019 paranormalnut (UN: paranormalnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
paranormalnut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950219-Farmer-McFadden-to-the-Rescue