*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950288
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#950288 added July 30, 2023 at 6:54am
Restrictions: None
Characters: -A-
All characters are seniors at Westside, except where noted.

Acker, Tammy-Lynn
Student at St. Xavier. Known tattle-tale and snoop. Few friends because of her tendency to spill secrets to anyone who will listen.

Adams, Matthew (sophomore)
Matthew Adams is deliberately and self-consciously "popular." From his haircut to his clothes to his musical choices he crafts himself to be the cool and popular kid. He's on the swim team because it's popular kids do sports, and that's the sport with the fewest crap actors on it and requires minimal exertion. He pursues drama because it's a possible route to fame. He would make YouTube videos except that he's not sufficiently knowledgeable about anything to maintain a channel.

And he's succeeded in being popular with a wide swath of the sophomore class, though it's probably a superficial popularity that a lot of other kids see through. But he's popular enough where it counts—with the girls—and that it's enough for him.

Adams, Melissa
Another girl that casts a surprisingly wide social net. She's on friendly terms with Cassie Harper and will, on occasion, hang out with her outside of school if all other options are closed (though it's not as negative as that may sound). Largely she hangs around the Bohemian Warehouse crowd and as such is good friends with people like Brianna Gould and Rebecca Sykes though in general she's kind of a social chameleon.

Agarwal, Myra
Member of the tennis team, and friends with Natasha Cabot and her crowd.

Alloway, Mariah
Student at St. Xavier. Plus-size girl with strawberry blonde hair. Loves science and maths, although she has no talent for either. Close friends with fellow nerds Niamh Stirland and Aiden Nichols. Plays saxophone. Crush on Loki Swain.

Ambard, Mathilde
Student at St. Xavier. French aristocrat, obscenely wealthy and considers most of the political games at Xavier’s beneath her. If the school hierarchy is a pyramid, she floats above it. Dark brown hair, very stylish with a huge collection of high fashion clothes.

Ashton, Jenny
Jenny Ashton is an extroverted tomboy, but that doesn't mean she's athletic, and she has Calvin's (of Calvin and Hobbes) suspicion of team sports. For this reason she regards (with a few exceptions) the girls' basketball and soccer teams especially with an obdurate suspicion. In the case of Anita Nuevo and her friends, she nurses a fury borne of their mistreatment of her friends Eva and Jessica.

Despite being a tomboy, Jenny doesn't have many guy friends: Carson Ioeger, James Lamont and Paul Davis (and through them Will Prescott, Caleb Johansson, and Keith Tilley) are just about it. Carson and James come closest to what she likes in a guy: intelligence, insolence, practicality, and an insouciant indifference to popularity. (She would probably really like Marc Garner, for instance, but his charismatic popularity, and his awareness of it, that turns her off.) The main problem she has with Carson and James, though, is that ... Well, if she's going to date someone, she wants it to be someone who doesn't look so much like Slenderman. Trouble is, all the guys who look good and are built well know it, and that turns her off. Thus, she pushes James away despite his obvious yearnings, and yet she can't quite be decisive in rejecting him either, and she dreads the idea that he might give up on her.

Among her BFFs, with whom she has a long-established intimacy and a sense of intense sympathy, are Eva Garner, Jessica Garner, Cindy Vredenburg, Yumi Saito, and Dani Sumner. Jenny is intensely loyal to these girls. Her old friends, with whom she is comfortable but not intimate, include Catherine Muskov, Christine Coolidge, Brianna Kirsche. At more of a distance, she will hang out sometimes with Lin Pol, Ellie Kemp, Kerri Mullen, Shelby Ho, Lacy Salter, Mikaela Bowers, Hermione Gilbert, Philippa Hosford.

Jenny is quite judgmental, and there are a number of people that she's very negative toward. These would most prominently include Anita Nuevo, Chelsea Cooper, and Kelsey Blankenship along with their friends, on account of enmity between them and Jenny's friends. Others include Deanna Showalter, who Jenny despises as a gossip; Rachel Burton, because she's a really good friend of Deanna's; and Leah Simmons, because Jenny—without acknowledging the fact—is allergic to lesbians, and everything about Leah screams "dyke."

Jenny's judgmentalism also extends to girls that she only knows by sight or has only casually exchanged talk with in class. She is tolerantly lukewarm about Paris Morrow (a junior), and it would be very easy for Paris to get on her nerves. Meghan Farris strikes Jenny as a suck-up to the popular girls. Rachel Bell is a brilliant STEM student, and the implied competition sets Jenny on edge. Alexis Lachance (another junior) excites in Jenny the intense suspicion that she is a budding cross between Chelsea and Kelsey. Jenny doesn't know Jelena Petrovic personally, but everything about her rubs Jenny the wrong way, including the out-and-out lesbianism.

Atwater, Bridget (sophomore)
Captain of the JV softball team. She's a tomboy to a degree that makes Jenny Ashton look like a model of femininity, the one real concession being her hair which, for whatever reason, she wears very long and very thick. She's a good athlete, outgoing and charismatic so she's fairly popular in the sophomore social scene. She lives in a modest home with her father (a blue collar worker) and two brothers:an older brother named Cody who's a freshman at Keyserling and a younger brother namedJonah who's in the eighth grade. She's incredibly close to the O'Brien's:Kelly is her best friend and her and she has an almost older brother/younger sister relationship with Blake. She has a thing for James Randolph from the JV basketball team.The two have a tendency to find one another at parties and engage in steamy makeout sessions but nothing's progressed further than that so far.Oh forgot to mention that though Bridget lives with two brothers she has three. The third(unnamed) is the eldest and enlisted in the military out of school. The old Toyota Tacoma that Bridget drives used to to belong to him. Though Bridget likes Kelly's brother Blake, she sees Blake too much like she'd see her own brothers to have any sort of attraction or romantic interest in him. Bridget is friendly enough with Maggie Crenshaw but for the most part Maggie and the varsity team don't pay a lot of attention to the JV team so it's pretty much Bridget's show completely.
© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950288