*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950353-Grandmas-Freaky-Memory
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Paranormal · #2180173
A mysterious letter from grandma has Pickles and Piper ready to solve a new mystery.
#950353 added January 24, 2019 at 1:16pm
Restrictions: None
Grandma's Freaky Memory
Farmer Mac helped the girls unload their gear to the porch. Before leaving, he quietly said, "Emma's prepared a room for you two in case things get a bit too much."

The girls smiled. "Thanks, Farmer Mac," said Piper. "We might end up taking you up on it."

"That was really nice of that man to drive you out here, but you really shouldn't take rides from strangers," said Grandma.

Pickles closed her eyes tight and fought to keep back the giggles. "It's not funny," chided Piper.

"Look, we either find something funny in all of this, or we'll never survive. If you want to be serious - go for it. You'll crack within a week."
And with that, Pickles went in the house wishing she was wearing a bulletproof vest. Piper shook her head and followed.

Grandma sat the girls at the table and poured them each a glass of homemade lemonade.

"So, what are you doing here?" she asked.

The girls showed her the letter she'd sent. "Well, it does look like my writing." She studied it a bit more. "Did I have sheep?" The girls didn't answer. "And who is this Pimples? Sounds like a ridiculous name for a dog."

"Do you remember Turd?" asked Piper.

"How could I not remember Turd?" Grandma looked at both girls curiously. "You act like there's something wrong with my memory. Well, anyway, I think it's time for you two to go to bed. It's been a long day, I'm sure."

She lead the girls to the front door and ushered them out without a goodnight.

"I'm telling you! If you don't play along and keep being serious you won't survive!"

"But this IS serious, Pickles!"

"I KNOW HOW SERIOUS IT IS! But, if you don't have a sense of humour about it, you won't survive. Remember what it did to Mrs. Dunkin when her husband had Dementia. She let the seriousness get to her so bad that it ruined her health. She had a stroke in the end."

"I know. I just feel like a jerk if I laugh this off."

"You've got to think of your own health first. You're no help to anyone if you don't. Besides, we need to focus on the Turd, not our grandparents going whacky."

"Stop saying that!"

"FINE!"
© Copyright 2019 paranormalnut (UN: paranormalnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
paranormalnut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950353-Grandmas-Freaky-Memory