*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951066-Super-Bowl-2019
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#951066 added February 3, 2019 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Super Bowl 2019
Super Bowl, Hats, and Mercedes-Benz Stadium


signature dancing owl
That's the biggest gap in sports, the difference between the winner and the loser of the Super Bowl. by John Madden
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/super_bowl


*Soccer* I don't know a lot about football. I can tell a soccer ball from a pigskin. When I started looking for facts I found some interesting stories.

When the first Super Bowl was being organized between the NFL and AFL it was a real competitive angle. The first tickets were considered expensive. They cost about $12.00. Now tickets cost from $2500 to $3000. I'm not sure, is that progress? The first game was not sold out because of the high price of the tickets. Now, the stadium is sold out for every Super Bowl. Is that progress or just advertising genius?

AFL used a slightly different size ball. It was longer, narrower, and had a rougher surface than the ball used by the NFL. The supplier for the AfL ball was Spalding; for the other team it was Wilson. In order to keep the peace, each team used their own ball when the team was on the offense.

If I'm getting the facts wrong it's because I probably did not understand them when I read about them. I do like to watch a good game once in awhile. But, if they are just running back and forth across the field without scoring or if only one team is scoring I get bored.

The Mercedes-Benz stadium is going to be packed with people. I would not go there even if someone paid my way. The stadium opened on August 26,2017. I won't bore you with all the statistics I read about this building. One of It's redeeming qualities is the fact that there is so much WIFI and TV tech that every fan can stay connected during the entire event. So if you are suppose to phone home you will have no excuse.

The only other redeeming quality about the games is the caps and hats the players wear on and off the field. I have said before and still maintain that you can tell who the winners are going to be by the styling of their headgear. It takes a brave go-getter to wear a brightly colored hat with bright emblems and drawings out on the field. Like taking your mascot into battle with you. So, which hats are going to win? *Smile*

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne Suggestion: If you route for the wrong team maybe you should redesign their hat emblems next year?
*FlagV*

















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951066-Super-Bowl-2019