*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951089-Why-I-Write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#951089 added February 3, 2019 at 6:52pm
Restrictions: None
Why I Write
Why I Write

I have to write! I am compelled to form characters into words, words into sentences, and sentences into paragraphs. This is not a physical desire, and it has noting to do with material wealth. The need to write descends from my soul, crosses the umbilical cord of my mind, and inhabits my brain.

Not to write would be a sin against God and humanity. If I could not write, could not express myself in lines and stanzas, my brain would shrink, my soul would wither, and my body would die. I would not be able to eat, talk, and I could do nothing for myself or anyone else.

For me writing is a way to worship God and serve humanity. When I write my spirit grows wings and ascends out of the muck and mire of material existence. It does not matter what I am writing about or what type of piece I am composing. When I write I am ascending into the worlds of God and acquiring knowledge for myself.

When I write I question neither my soul's immortality or its salvation. I see beyond the curtain that separates this world from the next. I feel the presence of God and the Holy Spirit. I can accomplish anything, and I am not alone: not even when I am the only person in the room.

Author's Note:

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951089-Why-I-Write