*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951250-Just-Scratched-NYC
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#951250 added February 5, 2019 at 4:23pm
Restrictions: None
Just Scratched NYC
NYC: A place that has every every kind of interest you could think of:



*FlowerP* Fairy playing a flute

I can depend on Lyn when she is the travel guide to put us into some really swank accommodations. In our many August trips we have really seen a lot of the way the world eats, sleeps and entertains the public. Today's trip to NYC is a good example of our camping trips.

9/11 Museum


Erie, Pennsylvania, USA purchased and displays a memorial of 9/11 in the form of a beam from the World Trade Center.

I once heard a speech about why remembrance of the holocaust of WWII is kept alive. The relevance is the same, when there is an opportunity to view the 9/11 Museum. It keeps alive the truth about what occurred on that fateful day. The memory is not only for those who suffered such a serious loss of loved humans, but it is also for those people who were not born yet. It is a reminder that we want to stop such horrific concurrences on the earth for all humanity. So, someday it will be only a remembrance and by that remembrance it will be prevented from happening again.

I took the tour. If you start in the basement you see a wall that is original to the building. There is a hugh special wall that is covered with every color of blue in the sky, painted onto small tiles. One tile for each soul lost in the rubble.

There is an activity place where families and organizations came at first with pictures and lighted candles in memory of lost loved ones.

Another saved example is a part of the huge antenna that used to stand on the top of one of the buildings. It looks similar to a piece of a space craft with all the panels and wiring intact. I could not help thinking about the types of technological things that stopped running when that antenna stopped working. I find new uses for my smart phone every day and other electronics every day. But, are we prepared for a time when terrorism may use our tech against us.

Another exhibit shows the destruction of firetruck #3. There is a rural fire department in our Township. The trucks are massive with such equipment stored in each truck for all kinds of disaster. It is astonishing to note how much power it would take to smash and burn such a truck. Yet, truck #3 is beyond repair and a statement of the devastation experienced by it's crew.

The historical exhibit is the best and the worst. It is set up in alcoves of experience. People can move in and out of them. They have some privacy for viewing and remembrance and easy exit so if you can't take the pain of viewing the real tradgety you can quickly leave.

The total exhibiting of 9/11 is presented with fountains, beauty, and grief. It is not something you will want to do often but, certainly has a teaching symbolism.

I skipped the helicopter ride and did some hop on hop off shopping. I visited the New York City Library, Stephen A. Swartzman building where visual art photography By Anna Atkins was on display.



The night was finished off with the music of Eaglemania. Eaglemania is dedicated to preforming all the music of the Eagles and of the members of the original Eagles group.

The Eagles started with 4 members and graduated in 1974 to 7 members. We heard such songs as Witchy Woman, Take It Easy, and Peaceful Easy Feeling.

This was especially a great way to wind up the evening. Who doesn't love the Eagles. WE all wound up at the hotel where we discussed the day and wound down with a hot cup of tea before calling it a night. At least I drank tea. *Laugh*

THE END


















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951250-Just-Scratched-NYC