*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951585-Riding-the-Black-River
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#951585 added February 9, 2019 at 1:37pm
Restrictions: None
Riding the Black River
We've left Montego Bay and headed to Ocho Rios. We're doing the Black River Safari, it's twelve and a half hours. Hope you're ready for an adventure.

We'll be staying at Prospect Plantation after our safari..


owl for signature use Jamaica never gets worse or better, it just finds new ways to stay the same.



Well this is a nice surprise when I caught up with the group. A scenic tour of Jamaica spots.

There is such a contrast between my home and Jamaica. We have dark, leaf less forests shrouded in gray skies with occasional sunshine. Jamaica is blue skies, blue waters, water falls, gorgeous scenery, and sandy beaches.

To my surprise Rum is made from sugar cane. The main crop around the Rum factory is sugar cane. My parrot loves sugar cane but, it is not easy to get in the pet shops.

The trip was full of sunshine, seafood, and fresh fruits. The Black River tour was about 4and1/2 miles upriver and back. The boat spent some time sailing along with flying white water off the bow. We also stopped along the way to get a good look at wildlife and plants. The hyacinth water groves were in full bloom so we were able to pick and bring back blossoms.

There are red and white mangrove trees along the river. The bark from the Mangrove tree is stripped and made into dye for cloth. We boated passed the Rum factory situated on the river.

Snowy egrets nest in the trees along the banks of the river. When they come down to the river to drink they are in danger of Crocodiles which like to eat them. At one point the tour boat stopped in a small pool on the bank while the guide played with a crocodile that was coaxed to come close to the boat.

I loved the scenery at the Prospect Plantation. There is a special feeling you get from well cultivated lawns and swimming pools surrounded by jungle. The birds flitting about in trees were a special treat.

Jamaica is a special place. It is a mixture of rich tourist attractions and smaller poorer people who live there permanently. Lots of color, and musi

Happy Day to you all.I'm going to a party hosted by PWheeler after while to meet her Jamaican friends. I better get ready. *MushroomO*















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951585-Riding-the-Black-River