*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951603-Places-Ive-Traveled
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
#951603 added February 9, 2019 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
Places I've Traveled
Places I've Traveled

Lake Carl Blackwell is in Oklahoma. My family and I went there for three years straight on the fourth of July when I was a child. The impact it had on me was the accidents that occurred there when we went. The first year, my youngest brother nearly drowned because the life jacket he was wearing was defective. The second year, my cousin pulled a skillet of hot bacon greas off the camp stove and burned herself very badly. The third year, another cousin set off a Cherry Bomb and got gravel in his eyes. We never went back to Lake Carl Blackwell again.

Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. I was very small and my father carried me on his shoulders. I remember the darkness of the caverns and the light of the lamp that our guide had.

Pacific Ocean in California. I'm not sure of the year. The waves rolling into the shore reminded me of life. Sometime its waves were rolling into the shore and sometime they were rolling out again.

New York City, New York in 1992. Thing thing I remember most about it was the lights and the bridges. We flew in at night the the bridges were lit up like Christmas Trees on Christmas Eve.

Traveling from Blackwell, Oklahoma, to Las Vegas, Nevada, by bus. This was an interesting trip. I found out that I would rather fly when taking long trips.

Poet's Note:

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951603-Places-Ive-Traveled