*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951660-The-Queens-English
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#951660 added February 10, 2019 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
The Queen's English
We're going to travel together today, then change up and regroup before we head over to Richard's Bake and Shark, the views of the beach I hear are amazing and it's good local cuisine.


signature dancing owl




Onward we go. The Republic of Tinidad & Tobago Botanical Gardens are just the place to explore. While we were wandering across a park like area we stopped to talk with a family from Trinidad. They were interested to meet PWheeler who also has friends from Jamaica.

They explained to me that the official language of Trinidad is not just English but officially it is the Queen's English (British). They also were able to tell me that the bird we saw flitting around in the trees was a Blue Gray Tanager. Apparently, the Tanager is a well populated species in the area.

There are 482 species of birds living in Trinidad & Tobago. The National Bird is a Scarlet Ibis, which is called a flamingo by some but has a different length of bill than the flamingo we are familiar with in Florida.

I was taken by the bird population and dragged the tour into the Caroni Bird Sanctuary. That noisy amazon parrot that was in the trees around the Prospect Plantation, the Botanical Gardens, and now here is an Orange Winged Amazon. In pet shops back home they are considered a good pet. It has yellow wings, the color of which can be seen best as it flys over head. It also has yellow on its cheeks and crown with a large patch of blue above it's eyes.

We could not stay to long at the bird sanctuary which is a piece of wild jungle because we were due to walk through the zoo. Many of the exhibits were built with cooling canopies and cool cement with water not spared for the creatures in the exhibit. Carly and I exclaimed over the size of the white tiger. Isn't there some mystery surrounding white tigers?

As we continued to Fort George. It was a good thing to sit still and ride into the city. The height of Fort George offered a different view of the city and the sea.

While stopping in the shopping streets of the city Prosperous Snow Globe pointed out a teapot of the size I've been looking for so, I purchased it. The shop kindly mailed it to my address in the States.

Personally, I think we were all very glad to reach the buffet at Richard's Bake and Shark. Travel Guide Lyn, Queen Kissy, and the Snow Dragon came out carrying trays of luscious looking food. When I reached the Buffet I was happy to find lots of veggies to go with the fish. An amazing eating banquet. To bad we can't pack the restaurant up and take it home with us.

I kept the rhythm music with us all day to keep up my sight seeing energy. Trinidad and Tobago are considered the birthplace of Calypso and steel drum music.

DANCE ON!














apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951660-The-Queens-English