*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951827-Are-We-Moving-Today
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#951827 added February 12, 2019 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
Are We Moving Today?
We're having dinner at Boldrum's Kitchen, supposed to have a great selection of food choices. Hope your appetite is back. Jet lag is murder. I've been told they have “Coffee Kick Starter , that works for me.

signature dancing owl “Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.” https://www.backpackerguide.nz/22-inspirational-travel-quotes/

Guess what? My dog is feeling a little cabin fever because of the weather. He spends his time squeaking toys and barking at the wind and any other noise that strikes his fancy. The windows are covered with ice so I cant even see outside to watch the birds in the feeder.

I guess Auckland is a great place to be today, February 12, 2019. I became curious about how it would be to live there so this is what I found.

Pros and Cons:

Two people can live there for about $2900 per month. Sixty per cent of that would be for housing. Twenty-five percent would be for food. The rest would be for utilities, transportation, and entertainment.

Pro: Natural Beauty Con: expensive
Pro: A very clean society not trash etc. laying around Con: Far from anywhere--flying in and out expect a long flight.
Pro: Low Population compared to other countries Con: shipping anything from other countries is very expensive
Pro: Sand Flys can make you itchy for weeks after they bite you. Con: few or no poisonous creatures to bite you
Pro: Low crime, safe country Con: no public transport to outlying areas (need a car)
*Laugh* Pro: people are laid back, friendly, social, welcoming, tolerant Con: people are laid back: difficult to get any thing taken care of quickly in the realm of business
Pro:temperate weather Con: lack of central heating except in newer built houses

The last is a breaker as far as I'm concerned. Earthquakes that you can feel are about 250 per year. More than that quakes are registered but may not be ones you can feel.

After interviewing some staff at the hotel for information about the city I persuaded Shy One to go out with me on a jaunt to see the Viaduct Harbor. It is a really scenic place to just look at all the boats and water. I am interested to meet other people strolling along the streets and many are willing to just stop and talk. Plus, there are a lot of really good eateries there. We stopped for some fish at one.

You can get hot cards for train transportation but if you really want to see the sights many people recommend renting a car. You can then have the freedom to choose where you want to go in the city because buses won't let you off in the proper places. Further out of the city housing is a little cheaper.

We met up with Social Scribes, Prosperous Snow Globe, PWheeler and headed to Baldrums to meet Ellie, Caitlin, Lyn and Fivesixer. As always the food was great, with lots of choices.

We all agreed renting a small bus might be the way to go or just getting train cards for the out lying areas? We will see what kind of sightseeing we want to do?

Lolling around the hotel tonight or catch a concert at the Aukland Symphony Orchestra.




Or check out the punji music in a downtown hotspot. Maybe they will be singing "jail".

K kind of flipped when I ordered a movie from Netflix for our afternoon entertainment. I have never seen "Frozen".

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951827-Are-We-Moving-Today