*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
6
7
8
12
15
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951887-emotions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#951887 added February 13, 2019 at 1:40am
Restrictions: None
emotions
What about emotions, all these automatic reflexes we have?

Yolande: It’s exactly the same. Fear, sadness are like the rest: a movement within you that arises and then subsides. If there is no-one to take it on, there is no fear, no sadness. There is no reaction.

Q: So where do reactions come from, according to you? Is there any way we can free ourselves from them?

Y: They come from thought. From believing that you are somebody. When this belief falls away – and it happens in a split second, you don’t need to practice it for twenty years – there is nothing but this silence, this intensity, you let it be. This new perspective is always there, this empty fullness, this silence, sometimes intense, sometimes gentle, but always constant.

It is a sensation, like a caress, a presence that never leaves you, even in the midst of action, or concentration. This omnipresent caress encompasses you, encompasses every instant and everything arising within it, prevents you from identifying with the thought, or the feeling, that arises. It is this that gives you this profound sense that there is nobody there. And it is this, this sensation that becomes sight, action… because this spontaneity, this constant sensation prevents you from being in your head. It’s the sensation that sees everything directly. And this seeing is action.

Q: Seeing is action?

Y: When you are in this flow, there is action, without a filter, without thought. You see, you feel; action, gestures, words arise spontaneously, without your having to think about them.

Q: Is it as if reality instantly responds with the appropriate gesture?

Y: You see that things happen of their own accord. There is no need to think about them… life does not need to be thought about…. just to be seen. The rest happens all on its own.

© Copyright 2019 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951887-emotions