*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952074-Maternal-Instinct
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #2181814
This book contains short stories
#952074 added February 15, 2019 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Maternal Instinct
Maternal Instinct

The broken veins caused her alabaster legs to resmelbe find marble. The types of Terrain marble, which Morgan liked to sculpt. At l east when he was sober and his patron could afford it.

Odd, she thought stroking her right leg. It's been centuries since I though of him. Morgan was her only regret. The only man she had every willingly freed. The only man she had not completely consumed.

Getting up from the stone cot, she walked to the door of her cell. And stopped exactly one foot from the iron bars that blocked it. Any closer and the radiation given o ff by the pure Terrain iron would harm the fetus she carried.

The corridor outside her cell was dark, indicating that the other prisoners in this cell block were in the sleep phase. That was a relief. The one thing she didn't want right now as to hear their incessant bitching and complaining. They were either bitching about the quality of the food, or complaining that their sentences were unjust.

According to her fellow prisoners they were all innocent. She on the other had had no such complaint. She was guilty and deserved every century they gave her. Nor was the food that bad. It was the best quality her captures could provide, under the circumstances. In fact it was better than anything she had gotten on her home world or any place else in the galaxy.

That was why she chose to become pregnant. The length of time she was sentenced to meant that she could produce her whole quota of offspring while she was here. And the quality of the food insured that at least seventy-five percent would be male. That would make the high council happy. Indeed they might even reconsider her banishment.

Author's Note:

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952074-Maternal-Instinct