*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952238
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952238 added July 30, 2023 at 6:55am
Restrictions: None
Characters: -C-
All characters are seniors at Westside, except where noted.

Cabot, Natasha (junior)
Natasha Cabot is also an academic overachiever, ambitious and kind of snobby because her family has money. She is dating Timothy Hyland more because he pursued her and because he's popular. There's not much passion between them however. She's friendly acquaintances with Kelsey (or as friendly as Kelsey can be with anyone at least) and in fact looks up to Kelsey with admiration that borders on romantic infatuation... and likely is even if Natasha isn't aware of it. Friends include Myra Agarwal, Rani Chandra, Kennedy Palmer, and Naomi Batson, and through them she is friends with their friends.

Caldwell, Rae
An Eastman senior who has started to become popular on social media for her fashion. She's also notoriously acerbic and sarcastic with a sharp tongue that she especially uses on Alex Day. Though for them it's all in good fun as the two are close friends. She tends not to care about what other people think and just does things of her own accord and even things like wealth often fail to impress her though when push comes to shove she's as prone to go along with Alex's antics as anyone. Hardcore vegan.

Carpenter, Samantha
A member of the girl's varsity basketball team. She had previously been on the track team as well but left during junior year when basketball started taking up more of her time and Catherine Muskov came over from Eastman. As of late she's been growing estranged from the basketball team and pining to return to the track team due largely to the drama centered around Stephanie Wyatt and her feud with Hannah Westrick that threatens to consume the team. Even Kristy Suffolk, Samantha's closest friend on the team, has been drawn into it causing Samantha endless stress.

By her nature Samantha has a mild temperament and values stability. She takes a long time to acclimate to big changes and absolutely hates drama. Essentially if it's soemthing that could be disruptive she wants no part of it. Her closest friends are a quartest of Eastman students: Monica Bratt, Amber Duckett and the fraternal twin sisters Ashley and Penny Stricker. All five of them have grown up in the same neighborhood and known each other since elementary school and because of it Samantha holds Eastman in somewhat higher regard than her own school. In fact, she feels a sense of alienation from Westside and privatly laments that she feels like an Eastman student stuck at Westside.

Going with her distaste for drama, Samantha values stability and this often times manifests itself in a sort of OCD: she's big on routine and when things come along the disrupt it she takes longer than normal to adjust. In the back of her mind she has something of a fear of graduating because the massive change that comes with it -- potentially moving out onto her own, the possibility of her friends moving away, etc. -- is practically anathema to her naturally conservative character to the point of causing her a great deal of anxiety if she thinks too much about it.

Has no boyfriend but would like one. Would need to be someone dependable, clean cut and willing to take things slow.

Cartier, Angelique (junior)
New girl to Westside, having moved to town this year. Has not yet really established a social position, but has started hanging out with Stacy Stahl's group.

Chandra, Rani
Not much to say, just a tennis team member. Maybe in AP classes? I imagine the tennis team draws largely from that sort.

Clayborne, Ethan (sophomore)
Ethan Clayborne is a wrestler. That's not his only interest or identity, but it's his driving passion. There is nothing in his history or his family to explain it; it's just that he's liked wrestling since he was a kid, is good at it, and is ambitious to be VERY good at it. Academically, he is only middling, despite putting effort into his studies as well.

He has a fairly serious demeanor, and he isn't a slacker or a goofball. He abuses no substances, and though he's a regular at the Warehouse, that's on account of his popularity and his friends and teammates, and contents himself with colas and chips and dancing. He is very popular with the girls (he's very good-looking), and he's engaged in heavy petting and gotten blow jobs a couple of times, but he's not a player and he's interested in finding a good girl for a long-term relationship.

Cochran, Jared (sophomore)
Jared Cochran is a popular sophomore that girls like.

Cohen, Tanya (sophomore)
A sophomore girl who's bright and has a warm personality. She's also afflicted with a degree of social awkwardness owing to somewhat strict parents who put more value in her education than socialization. She actually ran for sophomore class president but lost to the far slicker and more charismatic Julie Eckler. As much as she pays attention to stuff in the lower classes, Kim Walsh prefers Tanya far more than she does Julie who she finds to be mostly vapid and filled with platitudes.

Colon, Jazmin (sophomore)
Jazmin isn't quite the bitchy sort but she does desire popularity and has kind of tempestuous personality. She can be sweet but also hot-headed. She attracts boys fairly easily (always a plus where Laura and Leslie are concerned) but her personality means that her relationships can be highly volatile as well. Another plus in her favor for them? She knows Victoria Rodriguez. They're not super close but their families are friends so the two are on friendly enough terms considering one's a senior and one's a sophomore. Someone who lets her emotions control her more often than not: she can go from fiery and opinionated to sweet and demure at the drop of a hat. She's something of a hopeless romantic and as a result has had a number of boyfriends. None of her relationships last long however as her tempestuous nature can very quickly wear out her partners. This usually leads to a few days of depression before bouncing back to find someone else, something that isn't hard as her looks and large breasts make it easy for her to find a boy.

Colson, Terry
Terry Colson is on the boys' tennis team. He serious about it, but he tries very hard not to be caught out trying hard to be good at it; he'd rather look cool and loose and louche and "naturally good" at it. He has lived with his older brother, Andrew, a graduate student in math at Keyserling College, for the last two years, on account of their mother's worsening mental health problems and their father's drinking. (He's a history professor at the college.) The brothers themselves abuse various chemical substances.

Terry's best friend is Cody Schaefer, also on the tennis team.

Cooper, Oliver (fifth form/junior)
Student at St. Xavier. British, son of a London stockbroker, at Xavier’s as a year’s exchange student. Troublemaker.

Corrigan, Margot (fifth form/junior)
Student at St. Xavier. Mildly gothic, interested in the occult. Which at Xavier’s is enough to qualify her as the bride of Satan.

Costa, Gabriela
A member of the girl's soccer team and backing Hannah Westrick. Gabriela finds Anita to be bossy and full of herself (whether she actually is or not) so Anita's always rubbed her the wrong way. Because of it she's also attached herself to the otherwise amiable Alejandra Roldan Cortes from the JV team and talks shit to her about players on that squad Anita seems to favor over Alejandra, a task made easier by the fact Alejandra's a native Spanish speaker and neither Anita nor her cousin speak it fluently coming from Americanized households.

One of Marcos Rivera's fuckbuddies, which is fine with her because she's not looking for any kind of real relationship right now.

Crawford, Madison
Madison is determined to be not only a cheerleader but the head cheerleader when the time comes. She has a long history of being forward and borderline abusive toward other girls. She is known to carry a strong air of entitlement. But she's not quite what she appears. She came into Westside as a hotshot holding a high opinion of herself as a swimmer, but now she is outclassed by other members of the team. She has consequently had her confidence as a swimmer shattered, and her poor attitude has made her fairly unpopular on the team. She's actually very close to quitting the team entirely, the only thing pulling her back from the ledge being Rachel Burton who, while not the best swimmer, is a good teacher and mentor to most of the others. This has caused Madison to reflect long and hard on herself and she is trying to carry herself with more humility. But this hasn't seeped into her bones yet. She has a major crush on Ethan Clayborne and is determined to make him her boyfriend, but she would settle for Bradley White (Ethan's best friend) if that's the best she can manage. Her best friends—the closest thing that the sophomore has to a clique—include Dana diBenedetto, Julie Eckler, Carly Schmidt, Kaitlyn Page, Alexandria Hull, and Tenille Howe. She is also good friends with Matthew Adams and Cole Kavanaugh.

Cruz, Nathan
Mostly an orchestra guy but also on the swim stuff as a secondary thing. In fact, he is the orchestra's concert master (first chair violin) and also the concert master for the more exclusive "Chamber Orchestra" that is drawn from it to play the more demanding works. So he's very good. He also knows he's very good, and he's a bit of a snob, so it's no surprise he might have had the standing to date Kendra Saunders their junior year. But he's not so good that he can put everything into music *and* swimming *and* academics, so he's not in any of the AP classes. But he was. Oh yes. He was, and it was a conscious decision on his part, dammit, to downgrade so that his other talents could be developed -- or so he tells himself.

He circulates with Tyler Burns's set of AP students more readily than Kelsey's (though he also feels the pull of the swim team; he feels like a big fish in a small pond with them, since he's a *first chair musician*), and Kelsey's group is unlikely to patronize him since he isn't in the country club and he's not taking AP classes ... and not to put too fine a point on it, but Kelsey in particular is a pretentious consumer of art and inclined to enviously resent the people who can actually *make* it. And yet, Nathan is very much aware that if Kelsey opened her eyes and realized what a catch he (Nathan) is, and made nice to him ... Well, he wouldn't turn her down.

Cummings, Evelyn "Evie" (sophomore) I imagine her as being fairly smart but with a lot of classes dedicated towards trying to improve herself or get herself more out there as well and that she does take her studies fairly seriously. I'd imagine her, due to her parents, having something of an interest in politics in the future so maybe (if she continues down the path of self-improvement) setting herself up as a Kim Walsh-type by senior year.

Currier, Patrick
Patrick Currier is an AP student and would probably let Kelsey's group pull him in -- he likes Brooke -- but they treat him very coldly.
© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952238