*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952242
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952242 added July 18, 2023 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
Characters: -G-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

Galloway, Brooke
Brooke Galloway – Something of the odd duck out among the AP group. The Galloways are longtime friends of the Blankenships and as such Brooke has known Kelsey for a long time; Kelsey, in private, cannot stand her however. She’s earnest and well-meaning and lacks the ruthless drive that most others in her clique hold. Being tutored in math by Caleb and finds him funny and charming; secretly hoping he’ll ask her out.

Garner, Allison (college)
Cousin of the Garner triplets; the daughter of their Aunt Meg.

Garner, Eva, Jessica and Marc
Birth order is Jessica, Eva, Marc. The girls like to tease Marc about being the "baby" of the family, and between themselves will refer to him as "our dear brother." The latter is meant as an arch bit of sarcasm -- "our dear brother" actually means "that doofus who's always messing things up for us."

All three are blonde and athletic. Jessica and Eva strongly resemble each other, but they are easily distinguishable because Jessica's hair is cut in a short bob, while Eva's hair falls in loose curls to the tops of her shoulders. Marc's hair is cut short and casually gelled into sporty spikes.

Jessica is very quick-witted and outspoken, with the sharpest tongue and a tendency to speak her mind. She is the most impatient of the three, and the one who will cause and get into trouble if she thinks it's the right thing to do. (Marc gets into trouble because it's fun.) She is also the easiest to get frustrated when things don't go well. Despite her being somewhat waspish, like her siblings she is a very good-hearted person.

Eva is the shyest of the three, the softest and the most retiring. But deep down she is not that different from them, and when she gets upset she can outdo the others at being angry. In fact, if she seems to hold back, it is usually because she is happy to let Jessica fight the battles and take the bruises, and if Jessica isn't around, Eva will fight just as hard and lustily as her sister. But she hasn't as much practice at it, so she can seem a bit clumsier at it.

Marc is very loose, casual, and genial, with a white, ready grin. He loves sports and keeping fit and active, but that's because it's fun, not because he is trying to go for an image. So he also likes to drink and to party, and while he is not a stoner or a pot-head by any means, he does enjoy smoking weed, and he will hang out with the more raffish, class-skipping guys at school. (See middle/end section of "A Clash of Values. He is the captain of the soccer team, and he definitely has alpha-dog tendencies, but he uses charisma rather than intimidation to get his way.

Both girls were on the soccer team through their junior years, and were more or less tricked by Kelsey Blankenship into trying out for the cheerleader squad, and then abandoned by her. When they made it onto the squad, they had to resign from the soccer team, which left some hard feelings that haven't completely healed. They are good friends with Stephanie Wyatt, Lin Pol, Yumi Saito, Jenny Ashton; they are also friends (though somewhat strained) with Kelsey Blankenship and her friends, and with Anita Nuevo and her friends on the soccer team.

Marc is dating Hannah Westrick, and has been since the start of the year, when she moved over from Eastman High. The sisters are a little ambivalent about Hannah Westrick and her relationship with Marc, because Hannah is causing all sorts of trouble on the soccer team, and they also find Marc's physical attraction to Hannah somewhat gross. Marc, for his part, is completely besotted with Hannah, not least because she loves to have sex with him.

Early in the story Eva is open to the possibility of dating Jeremy Richards, and she is even capable of fooling around with him a little (heavy petting), but it will meander into nothingness on its own.

Jessica briefly dated Mark Kinley in the first semester of their junior year, but Mark was much more keen and interested than Jessica was. She reacted with embarrassment when he tried kissing her, and the relationship petered out soon after that, mostly because of humiliation on Mark's part. Overall, it can be expected that Jessica will be most interested in a trim, healthy, outgoing guy who won't put too much pressure on her. (Though, if he makes her horny, she might put pressure on him.) TL;DR: Though she would never admit it, Jessica wants a guy who is a lot like Marc. Eva probably does too.

The Garners' parents' (names not established) both work at professional, white-collar jobs (not established), and they live in a very nice house not far from the river. The marriage is probably reasonably happy, and there's little strain between the parents and the kids, save for all the noise the latter probably make.

House description can be found in "Maker's Marc and "Hitting the Marc and in some of the chapters that follow.

Gibbon, Lucy (sophomore)
Full name Lucilla Aurelia Gibbon, she hates it for whatever reason so everyone just calls her Lucy. Formerly a star swimmer and basketball player at Schuyler, she got kicked off of the teams after an incident with Madison Crawford and fell into delinquency. Eventually started a group that's called a gang but she instead sees it as a place for girls who feel like they've got nowhere to go. She is very protective of her girls and the quickest way to earn a punch to the face is by messing with them; not an enticing thought as she takes boxing classes at the community center. Sees herself as a hopeless screw up but in reality her career track probably looks to be future social worker.

Gilbert, Dylan (sophomore)
He hangs around the underground scene. Girls think he's cute, a lot of guys think he's a prick. The truth is... he is kind of a prick insomuch as he thinks he's cooler than a lot of his peers because he's occasionally hung out with some of the juniors and seniors as the underground hierarchy isn't quite as rigid. Much as the sophomore girls love him he doesn't care and is only interested in trying to hook up with an older girl in the scene i.e. a Shayna Offerman or Emily Sparks or whoever. Most of them regard him with patronizing amusement however.

Gilkey, Ethan (Eastman)
Friends with Charles Whitney and Zachary Holzer.

Giordano, Aria
Aria Giordano has only recently realized she is gay, and told her boyfriend at the time Anthony Johnson which led to them splitting amicably. At the moment he's the only one who knows and doesn't have any intention of telling anyone else. She'll tell people when she feels she's ready.

She has a very regal, self-assured air about her that borders on arrogance and because of it Kerri started calling her the Confidence Queen and nearly exclusive just refers to her as CQ (though she's the only one who uses the nickname). It's something that at first irritated Aria but she's since come to embrace it because in her mind what's wrong with being confident?

She's also very good friends with Luz Rosario as the two have similar personalities though that's also why they're not both on the JV soccer team because they realize they'd likely clash. She also knows plenty about what's going on with the soccer team (Luz being Anita's cousin and all) and though she supports her friend she does what she can to not get involved.

Goldman, Sienna
Sienna Goldman is about the harshest critic any budding musician can have. For her, her music is her life. It's what she loves and she can't imagine doing -- nor does she want to do -- anything else. Her father was in a band and is the one who taught her how to play guitar and introduced her music in general. She looks up to him so music is also a deeply personal and sentimental thing for her. Because of that she's skeptical about most of the local bands and is very judgmental about them. Unsurprisingly she utterly despises Los Scorchicos and she really has it out for Scarlett Bard. She sees Scarlett as an afront to every single thing she stands for and an insult to something she's passionate about. In fact, one of Charles Hartlein's favorite ways to tease her during get togethers at Andrea's is to bring up gossip about her or simply her name alone and time the length of the ensuing rant.

Sienna's also got a bit of a complex about her socio-economic status. She knows that she's poor white trash so she (perhaps unfairly) sees Noah in his old station wagon or Jody in her grungy clothes and dismisses them as doubly fake; they choose to present themselves that way while she doesn't have a choice so the Lepleys, through no fault of their own, get under her skin. (She doesn't know about their current woes, and imagines them as being much better off than they actually are.)

But while Sienna is intense in her antipathy towards those she dislikes (say, Scarlett or Steve Patterson), her loyalty to her friends is equally intense. Even Andrea who can be vexxing at times has her loyalty though of course her most intense loyalty is towards Fatima; the two sharing such a close bond that they largely think of each other more as sisters than best friends. That's why the rumors of Fatima's supposed daliances at the Warehouse with guys and girls get her so riled up... even if she's unaware that at least some of them are true.

Goss, Logan (junior)
Logan Goss is a member of the JV soccer squad. He is dating Holly Nehwart in a case of long-time friends deciding "why not?"

Gran, Courtney (junior)
Courtney Tran is Caitlyn Smart's neighbor and helps look out for her in school when she has to. Not that Caitlyn's unpopular but Courtney's one of the big deals socially of the junior class so knowing that Caitlyn's in good with her carries a lot of weight. Dallas Lockhart is friends with Courtney and yet another Aspiring Cheerleader; has something of a friendly rivalry with Peyton Morrow. Has a less friendly rivalry with Stacey Stahl who's kind of a bitch.

Greer, Alexis (sophomore)
Called Lexi by basically everyone, she's a spirited girl who takes little seriously. She's a former member of Lucy Gibbon's group but left and joined the JV basketball team along with her close friends Johanna Bergstrom and Karen Beecher. Lexi is also a very out lesbian with a problem: she likes feminine girls but all the feminine girls she likes are invariably straight, a fact she bemoans constantly. She's dismissive of some other confirmed or suspected lesbians because they are, in her words, "too dykey"; she generally likes her girls soft and cute. In fact, the only reason she joined up with Lucy is because she had a massive crush on her and when she left she went to the JV team because she developed one on Paulina.

Basically, Lexi in personality is more or less a fun loving horn dog of a guy in the body of a sarcastic auburn-haired girl. Not that she actually wants to be a guy mind you.

Grissom, Skylar (junior)
Skylar Grissom is on the girls' JV soccer team but doesn't associate with most of the team. She and Harmony played on the freshman team and she's good enough to have gotten onto JV without having played anything her sophomore year and Harmony's the only one she talks to outside of team activities. The rest of the team finds her a bit intimidating because her face seems etched in a permanently hard gaze and she's been known to associate with the class ditchers and the like. She's regarded by everyone as a bit of a mystery by everyone both in why she joined and in her and Harmony's relationship because Skylar's the one person that Harmony's not a pushover around.
© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952242