*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952243
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952243 added July 26, 2023 at 8:40am
Restrictions: None
Characters: -H-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

Harmon, Dorothy
A stoner with a very liberal attitude towards sex; so liberal that some people have given her nicknames like Whoreothy or the Door (because she's "easy to open" and "everyone's gone through her"). Dorothy herself is an extremely easygoing person so any insults that filter back she lets roll off of her. She just wants a good time and if that involves having sex then she doesn't feel like she should feel ashamed, especially when guys like Steve Patterson and Marcos Rivera don't get the same shit. Guys tend to go for her because there's no real complications and she doesn't come with the drama that they might get from other girls.

In fact, deep down Dorothy is an emotional and romantic person, and when she is romantically excited it is like an earthquake: short in duration but intense. So in reality she does want a serious, steady boyfriend, but she knows her reputation likely makes it harder for anyone to seriously view her as girlfriend material. Relatedly, she tends to group her romantic interests into two camps: guys she is happy to have a good time with, and guys she views as real boyfriend material. She will chase down the first kind, and has even fallen into some complicated relationships, most notably with Spencer Osbourne, with whom she has had an off-and-on relationship since 8th grade, and becoming fairly serious during their sophomore and junior years. But she shies away from the second kind, never revealing her feelings to them; and even with them, she tends to flit between hard crushes, becoming serially obsessed with guys before losing interest. Among those boys she has secretly crushed on are James Lamont, Chuck Johnson, Martin Gardinhire, Luke Richardson, and Will Prescott.

In spite of her demeanor, reinforced by a measured and lazy way of talking, she's more intelligent, clever and perceptive than she appears. She's not a genius but she does fine academically. Her father is a history professor at Keyserling and an old school friend of one of her teachers, Mr. Walberg. Her father tends still thinks of her as his little girl and is completely unaware of what she gets up to her in spare time. She has an older sister named Leigh who's a student at the college and if she's aware she says nothing about it.

Harper, Cassandra "Cassie"
A chatterbox who some times doesn't realize when she's being one. Massive crush on Will Prescott. She's outgoing and amiable enough that she has a surprisingly wide social circle. She won't win a popularity contest but she can slide into a lot of places with little issue despite technically being in the lower levels of the social hierarchy.

Heath, Melanie (sophomore)
Friends with Paulina Nowack, Evie Cummings, Lindsay Cho, and their friends, even though she attends Eastman. That she's bright (mentally and in terms of personality) and there's no questioning of her loyalty towards Evie and her friends. But that she also spent a long time as the ugly duckling and now that she's the beautiful swan it's like all kinds of pent up frustrations and emotions are able to be released. So she can be kind of a party girl and can go overboard with the alcohol which can cause her to lose her inhibitions. Even normally, guys hit on her and flirt with her and she can't help but flirt back. Likely she fools around with other guys and while she's not necessarily easy she does have a leg up on her Westside girl friends by not being a virgin either.

In fact, her and her boyfriend have trouble remaining exclusive because she's flirty and hes a playboy. That could even be a frequent source of their fights: one of them will catch the other with someone else or word gets back, accusations and jealous fly, they separate for a few days and fool around (whether it's full sex or not) at which point they get back together in an intensely passionate manner; kind of like Seth and Cindy but with more volatile immaturity thrown into the mix. In the end they're probably not good for each other but they're too young and hormonal to really think about it that deeply.

So Melanie Heath: good girl, bright and sharp and witty but also immature and quick to lose her inhibitions especially if she's partying and there's alcohol involved.

Hicks, Zoe (junior)
Zoe Hicks is decently popular girl who weaseled her way into being "friends" with Bailey Keane originally due to having a crush on Craig Wyatt, though that evolved into the two becoming actual friends.

Holzer, Zachary(Eastman)
Friends with Charles Whitney and Ethan Gilkey.

Horne, Marianne (junior)
Marianne Horne is on the girls tennis team.

Hull, Alexandria (sophomore)
Comes from an upper class (or at least upper-middle class) family. Was raised in a typically feminine manner but it never took as she was always very much a tomboy who enjoyed getting grimy and messy. She's grown to like cars especially and being able to work on them is a desire of hers, she's eagerly awaiting her upcoming birthday so she'll have the chance to drive but more importantly begin putting in the work on modifying her own. May be at least partially influenced by a mechanic uncle she's always had a close relationship with. Wears her chocolate colored hair, which contrasts with striking blue eyes, short. She's on the petite side both height and body-wise but there's a certain elfin quality that, combined with her tomboy nature, causes many boys to find her irresistable. Alexandria and Kaitlyn Page, despite being polar opposites, are very good friends.

Hyland, Timothy (junior)
Timothy Hyland is a popular kid, which is why Natasha Cabot (whom he pursued) consents to date him. He is on the JV soccer squad.

Hyunh, Hillary (freshman)
Hillary is a third generation Vietnamese-American born and raised in Saratoga Falls. She is an intelligent girl, analytical and hyper organized, who's headed down the STEM path. But she's also known to be very no-nonsense and hard to approach, so much so that some freshman call her Frostbite because she's "so cold that she stings." She was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome in the seventh grade and tends to pursue her own interests instead of caring about fitting in. That said she does have long time friends, such as Addison Ricci, and is intensely loyal to them; she just takes a long time to defrost. She finds Shelly Nolan nice but extremely exhausting and finds a lot of the more popular people (Addison excepted) unbelievably arrogant... ironic because others find her arrogant.

For some obscure reason, she doesn't really like Helen Kim and Mee-kyong Lee.

© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952243