*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952251
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952251 added July 15, 2023 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
Characters: -P-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

Page, Kaitlyn (sophomore)
A girl equal parts smart and attractive. Her family environment, raised by parents very much living in the corporate world, has left a large impression on her. She sees being the next great CEO in her future and thus can present a very driven, business-like demeanor. She's very much of the mindset "dress for the job you want" so she always tries to present a professional look: dark shirts, pants, heeled boots, glasses, dusty hair usually done up. Her looks drive boys, even some of the upper classmen, wild which is something she uses to her advantage. Life is a constant game of negotiation for her and she'll use any leverage she can to make sure she's put herself in the best position. She's one of the many girls with a crush on Geoff Mansfield. Kaitlyn and Alexandria Hull, despite being polar opposites, are very good friends.

Palmer, Kennedy
Kennedy Palmer is a country-clubber, a fine musician, an AP student. Once part of the group that includes Tyler Burns and his friends, and was even briefly part of Kelsey's crowd, but she blew all her cred when she got caught spreading false rumors. She has been on the skids socially since then, and to her own surprise and puzzlement is now dating (Devin Foster) a scruffy member of the high school chorale. She got the nickname of Beast in their group and on the team because like the X-Man she's stronger than most everyone sans Nora but is also pretty smart and takes a bunch of AP classes or the junior equivalents.

Patton, Ian
Ian Patton is an independent musician. Often asked to join or form or be the nucleus of a band, but always refuses. Is probably the only guy who could back up Paris Morrow's claim to be bi rather than straight lesbian.

Pelletier, Janelle
Part of the artsy bohemian crowd but unlike most of them isn't the transgressive rebel who shuns the mainstream. She has a love of theater inherited from her mother who was an Off Broadway actress and is a serious creative type in the drama program. Though she'll act on stage, her true passion is behind the curtain as she wants to become a playwright. Many in bohemian crowd seem to have a healthy respect her, including Mr. Wilkes who's allowing her to write the big play that will be performed at the end of the year. She's currently dating her long time friend Felix Padilla who's also in the drama program.

Petrovic, Jelena
Jelena is the vocalist for Slow Fast Hazel. Jelena came out as gay around 15 or 16. Her family was from Serbia—her father worked in the electronics industry in Nis before emigrating—and her parents are both very traditional, especially her father, who expects women to conform to traditional gender roles. (He also has anger and drinking issues.) She was basically disowned and so lives with her sister, K. C., who moved out as soon as she graduated high school. (K. C. is about 20 to Jelena's 17.) Neither she nor K. C. really cares for their parents. Neither are too broken up about the situation and appreciate that it has strengthened the bonds between them considerably.

I imagine K.C. as having been very rebellious so she probably received the burnt of parental lashings both verbal and physical so she might have resented Jelena a bit. But after having to take her sister in that fixed itself on K.C.'s end anyway. Jelena's always looked up to her sister because of her rebelliousness and it was probably her leaving that motivated Jelena enough to come out.

Sexually, Jelena's attracted to those who, in her eyes, defy authority in some way or social norms and seem to care little about what others think. So she has a large crushes on both Umeko (because she sees the "college girl who comes to their shows and parties and hangs out with K.C." as going against what she assumes are probably stodgier parents) and Sienna (because Sienna's about as anti-authority as you can get).

It's probably why she's drawn to Andrea as well but doesn't harbor romantic feelings for her (she loves her in a platonic way but finds her a little too inscrutable for her tastes as a romantic partner). I'd imagine she probably holds (or would hold) some degree of attraction to be people like Bethany Lewis and Catherine Muskov as well. On the other hand she's fairly dismissive of most of the rest of the athletic teams and especially the Anita Gang because they're all in her eyes too focused on their cliquey bullshit which she finds droll.

On the third hand, she may have heard rumors about Chelsea (either through the grapevine or from Andrea herself; I can't remember if Andrea's ever revealed that to anybody) and perhaps feels a bit of pity for her and sees her rightly or wrongly as just another "victim" of social bullshit... but that may also all be tinted by the idea that she'd like to "save" Chelsea, help her realize who she really is and free her from her oppressive social chains (and her clothing). I suppose in a way that makes her a bit similar to Chris Yves: if she could wave a wand and wipe away the social clique and hierarchy nonsense she'd do it.

Price, Ben (freshman)
Ben Price just started dating Emily Yates.

Pruitt, Brent
Brent Pruitt is an AP student. He orbits closer to Anthony Kirk's AP group, but he feels a tug toward Tyler Burns's group because they are marginally less snobby toward him; but Kirk's group definitely is more socially prominent so he's more strongly in their grip.
© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952251