*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953432-99-Problems--Points-of-Authority
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#953432 added February 28, 2019 at 9:07pm
Restrictions: None
99 Problems / Points of Authority
DAY 24

"99 Problems / Points of Authority"
by Jay-Z & Linkin Park




This is probably one of my all-time favorite EPs of all time. I remember when it was first announced, everyone thought the idea of combining two different styles was crazy... but they ended up really complementing one another and created something new and amazing. Every song on the EP is incredible; I think they actually enhance each other's contributions. Ultimately, the idea of a "mash up" or combining two disparate elements is something that's always appealed to me, including in my writing and other creative efforts. I don't consider myself one of the raw, exceptionally talented people who can come up with "out-there" concepts out of nowhere... but I am someone who likes to find ways to make different kinds of puzzle pieces fit together.

For me this song (and the whole album, really) are a kind of proof of concept that the kinds of things that I'm creatively drawn to can work. There's value and innovation in finding new ways of exploring old standards, so every time I listen to a song from this album, I'm reminded that the thing I creatively like to do most can be done, and it can be done well.

-------------------------
Written for "The Soundtrack of Your Life

© Copyright 2019 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953432-99-Problems--Points-of-Authority