*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953437-Sweet-Disposition
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#953437 added February 28, 2019 at 9:31pm
Restrictions: None
Sweet Disposition
DAY 26

"Sweet Disposition"
by The Temper Trap




I may have blogged about this song before, but it's definitely one of the songs that carries a ton of emotional weight for me. I included it as part of an "In Memoriam" montage that I assembled for my grandfather's funeral service when he passed away several years ago. At the time, I was having a really hard time processing my own feelings about the loss. My grandfather had always been a pretty stoic person and while I have some amazing memories of him, feel like I never really got to know him all that well. He went rather quickly (although not entirely unexpectedly), so this was the first time that I had lost a relatively close family member and also lost someone that I didn't really have a chance to say goodbye to.

While I was going through all of these emotions trying to figure out how I felt about everything, I ultimately decided to put together a montage for his memorial service and had family members send me all kinds of old photos from their collections. I put them all into a presentation, and that act of doing something to honor my grandfather really helped me process his passing and feel like I was able to give something to him in recognition of all the things he did for our family over the years. It was also one of the only times in my life that I think I really truly felt a deep emotional connection to a song (I literally still think of my grandfather every time this song plays) that goes so much deeper than just "I really like that song" or "I remember good times when I hear that song." This is a much more visceral, "This song got me through something" feeling.

If you're interested, you can check out the memorial video I created for him here  . "Sweet Disposition" is the second song, the first was one of his favorites.

-------------------------
Written for "The Soundtrack of Your Life

© Copyright 2019 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953437-Sweet-Disposition