*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953441-writing-as-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rhyssa
Rated: NPL · Book · Personal · #2150723
a journal
#953441 added February 28, 2019 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
writing as life
"I have a writing addiction." Prince Do you feel like this? Write anything you want about this.

Absolutely, I feel like this. Addiction is something that you feel like you have to do, often at the sacrifice of other things in life. It consumes me, much as other addictions consume, filling days and dreams and the edges of existence, like dust in the corners, creeping into the rest of the room. It colors my relationships because as I interact with people, I find myself catching pieces of conversation or mannerisms, bits of other people's lives--things that I can turn into story.

Now, I have to say that for many people addiction is something that is meant to be fought. We have a great many mechanisms in place to try and fight addictions to alcohol, drugs, sex, eating, gaming, pornography . . . there are so many different kinds of addictions and so many people and ways to seek help with those addictions. I suppose that I could look for help. They could cure me and I would never want to write again.

But I don't want to be cured. I am perfectly content being addicted to the written word. I like writing. I like that my life is surrounded by stories.

© Copyright 2019 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953441-writing-as-life