*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953443-Farewell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#953443 added February 28, 2019 at 9:52pm
Restrictions: None
Farewell
DAY 28

"Farewell"
by Rosie Thomas




My final sound of the 2019 Soundtrackers event is called "Farewell?" It's almost like I planned it that way! *Smirk*

I found this song not too long ago on a season finale of the show Bosch and just completely fell in love with it. The song is so haunting and beautiful at the same time, I've put it in regular rotation on my "sad songs" playlist for when I just need some time to ponder things or mope around. As much as I enjoy energetic and active songs, there's something to be said for the beauty in simplicity and I think this song is a perfect example of that.

Fun Fact: Rosie Thomas, in addition to being a singer-songwriter, is also a stand-up comedian who performs as the character Sheila Saputo, an accident-prone pizza delivery person. (I bet you weren't expecting that, were you? *Pthb*)

In retrospect, this month kind of got away from me and I ended up cramming a bunch of entries in at the very end... and while I'm glad I got it done, I'd really like to have another shot at taking some time with it. Since I'm the one that's running it now, maybe I'll make it a biannual event. Or come up with something else to scratch that musical blogging itch during the long summer months between Soundtrack of Your Life and Resurrection Jukebox in the fall. *Wink*

-------------------------
Written for "The Soundtrack of Your Life

© Copyright 2019 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953443-Farewell