*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953564-Marching-Into-March
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#953564 added March 2, 2019 at 12:25pm
Restrictions: None
Marching Into March
We closed out February and according to the record keepers Southern California never made it into the 70's during the entire month. I believe that was the first time since records were being kept.

March showed up in the same manner as February closed, with temps in the 50 & 60's and rain. More rain to come in the days ahead. Will this never end? Spring is just around the corner with Summer to follow, and we'll be asking if the oppressive heat will end. Sounds like a country western song.

We've had intermittent rain so far this morning and I'm wondering if I should get out and walk, but here I sit writing in this blog and only my fingers are getting a workout. My Apple Watch has no accounting for finger exercise, so my day is being wasted away. I've become more consistent riding the bike, and I've been out walking more frequently since we had a few days of clear weather.

I broke out my golf clubs and push cart and walked nine holes. It didn't go quite as planned, because I tried to hurry up when I saw others coming up on another fairway. I pushed myself trying to stay ahead and that was a big mistake. It's been along time since I had a golf club in my hand, and trying to hurry did not help. It wasn't until I decided to slow down and let the others go bye, that I found my swing/game and my heart rate slowed down. I didn't have that many holes left to play once they went bye, but I was pleasantly surprised how my shots were going.

I'm still waiting on my golf buddy to get better, he's been having problems with medicare and a supplemental insurance. He has an appointment this month and hopefully he'll find some relief with his hip. It's always more fun to play with someone you know!

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953564-Marching-Into-March