*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953750-You-Never-Know-Whats-Around-The-Corner
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#953750 added March 5, 2019 at 11:48am
Restrictions: None
You Never Know What's Around The Corner
I've been wearing a heart monitor for the last 8 days. This is to see if I'm still dealing with Atrial Fibrillation after having the Ablation surgery which was suppose to (no guarantees) correct the problem. Sunday at 3:30 AM I was awoken by my phone ringing and it was the people at the other end of my monitor. She said an abnormality had occurred and they were wondering how I felt and what was I doing. Though I was not called I had another episode at 6:30 AM.

On Monday while I was out walking my dog, I received a call from my Cardiologist office and was told the doctor wanted to see me and If I could come in at 10 am. Of course all kinds of thoughts go through your mind, but I told my wife on Sunday I thought I would be getting a pacemaker. The Doctor told us that my heart was stopping and restarting several times, one was for 3 and half seconds, along with AFib and this concerned him. He confirmed that I needed a pacemaker. I'm now scheduled to enter the Hospital on Friday at 11:30 and will stay overnight to make sure all works well.

It's been an eventful couple of years, in 2016 I had prostrate cancer and was given the radioactive pellets placed in my prostrate and it worked. I've had no more indications of cancer so far. Then in 2018 I had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery which went well, but I continued to have Atrial Fibrillation. So I had that surgery in November of 2018 to hopefully correct it.

My father had heart trouble and went through three bypass surgeries. It started in 1976 and he passed in 1996. In 1976 they were not doing stints (as far as I know) or my dads arteries were not candidates. Things have changed and 2001 I had 2 stints put in and when they did my 3 way bypass the corrected both stints. My father had 3 brothers who died from Cancer various forms, my dad had prostrate cancer, my mother had colon cancer and brother has had rectal cancer. As you can see I've followed in the family footsteps having both cancer and heart problems.

I told my wife she missed her chance at trading me in for a newer model.

I must admit I'm thinking more about meeting my maker and being called home. A week ago I told my minister that I was not afraid of dying, my only concern was for my wife and making sure she won't have any money issues. I use the computer for most of our bills, and my wife is not computer savvy. So I must leave written instructions for my oldest daughter to guide her through my affairs. I have yet to completed this task!

I'm 71 turning 72 this year, I retired at 56 so I've had a considerable time away from the rat race. I've enjoyed every minute of it and I don't think I would change a thing. Life's been good to me, I've had a few ups and downs and delt with one major problem. I'm still living and will continue to look to the future and not dwell on what it may hold.

Live one day at a time and be thankful for each day!

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953750-You-Never-Know-Whats-Around-The-Corner