*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954011
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#954011 added March 9, 2019 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Darcy Marries Caroline Bingley
Prompt: What if Darcy would have married Caroline Bingley?

Darcy loved Elizabeth but he had insulted her family and asked Elizabeth to marry him. She turned him down. Darcy's pride was hurt and he knew he could have any woman he wanted. He hid his broken heart and married Caroline Bingley. Big mistake. Caroline wanted to redecorate Pemberly and have party after party. She wasn't nice to Georgiana. She flirted with men and Darcy was away on business. He came home and found her in bed with another man. He almost threw her out but he didn't. Big surprise. She was pregnant by the other man. Darcy was so unhappy. He decided to raise the child as his.

Elizabeth knew about Caroline and the other man. She loved Darcy and thought maybe she should have married him. Darcy had made his own bed. Elizabeth went off with her life. Her mother nagged her about being single. She didn't care.

Caroline went into labor and the baby was breeched. The doctor couldn't get the baby back into position to be born. Darcy stayed by Caroline's side and she asked Darcy to forgive her. Darcy did. He held her hand and Caroline and the baby died. Darcy didn't love Caroline but he felt sorry for her at the end. They had a funeral for Caroline and Charles, her brother was still Darcy's best friend. He and Jane were at the funeral. So was Elizabeth. She stood quietly in the back but Darcy seen her. Elizabeth was sorry Caroline died. She wanted Darcy. She was going to let him know and hoped that he still loved her and didn't love Caroline. Darcy saw Elizabeth. He still loved her and hoped for a second chance with her.

Elizabeth went up to Darcy and hugged him. "I am so sorry about Caroline and the baby."

"Thank you, Miss Bennet. I am glad you are here."

The other people went home and Elizabeth stayed with Jane and Charles at Pemberly. Everyone had went to bed except Darcy and Elizabeth. Elizabeth was in the library and Darcy walked in. They fell into each other's arms and kissed.

"I know this is wrong, Miss Bennet but I love you. I know my wife just died but I want you and Caroline made me miserable. I shouldn't have married her."

"I love you, too. You broke my heart when you married Caroline. I want to marry you. I won't let you marry anyone else."

Darcy and Elizabeth kissed again and they made love in the library. Darcy was so gentle with Elizabeth. Georgiana saw them. She smiled. She didn't tell anyone. Darcy should have been with Elizabeth all along.

Darcy and Elizabeth waited a year and got married. There was talk and whispers but Elizabeth and Darcy didn't care. They were happy. They had a good life together and Elizabeth was the perfect mistress of Pemberly. They had children together and life was good.

Darcy and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice Movie 1995

{image
© Copyright 2019 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954011