*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954234
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#954234 added March 12, 2019 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
Eight Years Old
Prompt: Write about something that happened when you were eight years old.

My parents and I lived in Camp Springs, Maryland next to Andrews Air Force Base in 1963. Dad was in the Air Force. Dad took Mom and I to see the astronauts Grissom and Young in person and President John F. Kennedy. He waved to the crowd and I thought he was so nice. He was shot in Dallas, Texas a few weeks later. How sad. I didn't understand why someone shot that nice man. Dad was working in the hangar at the Base that night. He was a airplane mechanic and he saw Air Force One land. Some men were helping Jackie off the plane. Dad saw Jackie. I was so sad. Caroline was my age and I felt so sorry for her. I thought Jackie was a Princess.

I have a postcard of the Kennedy Family. My husband gave me a Kennedy half dollar that he found at the house of his parents. I have a stamp of President Kennedy. I have always felt a connection to JFK. This is my most vivid memory of when I was eight years old.

 Poser of me and my cat Tigger after a day in the flower garden by Angel, best friend.

© Copyright 2019 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954234