*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954270-Grandmas-Southern-Fried-Chicken
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#954270 added March 13, 2019 at 1:09pm
Restrictions: None
Grandma's Southern Fried Chicken
‘Idál (Justice), 12 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, March 13, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT: March 13th - What is your absolute favorite meal? Include as much sensory detail as possible in your entry. Make us taste it!

When I was growing up, my favorite food was Southern Fried Chicken. My grandmother would take a cut up roll it in a mixture of flour and spices, put it in a hot iron skilled--which had cooking oil in it--and let it cook until the chicken was done and the coating on the chicken was brown. While the chicken was cooking, she would take cooked potatoes and mash them. After the chicken was done, Grandma would make the gravy by mixing flower and milk into the hot cooking oil she had just cooked the chicken in.

I can remember being able to smell the cooking chicken throughout the house. The chicken was crisp, with the taste of rosemary and other spices. The gravy was hot, with a peppery taste because when Grandma made it she added both salt and pepper to the gravy, so we didn't have to add anything to it. My siblings and I could just set down and eat it. In addition to the chicken Grandma always made either rolls or biscuits. I miss Grandma's southern fried chicken, I will order the chicken in a restaurant (if it's on the menu), but it never tastes the same as that Grandma made.

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954270-Grandmas-Southern-Fried-Chicken