*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954282-Midweek-Reflections-Self-knowledge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#954282 added March 13, 2019 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections: Self-knowledge
‘Idál (Justice), 12 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, March 13, 2019

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2306: Luc Sante said, " It is fascinating and often fruitful to try on another skin, but it is ultimately meaningless if one hasn't acknowledged one's own.." What do you think? Do you agree with him?

I strongly suspect there are a lot of people out there who aren't comfortable in their own skins, but are afraid to admit it. I have determined this from personal experience, and a few years of being uncomfortable in my own skin. Part of my problem came from being a woman and buying into the idea that women were only good for one thing and had to look beautiful or like a supermodel all the time. I have managed to overcome--at least partially--both of those false beliefs.


"As long as women are prevented from attaining their highest possibilities, so long will men be unable to achieve the greatness which might be theirs."
Baha’i Scripture

Several years ago--sometime in the last century--I realized that my beliefs about myself were preventing me from achieving my highest potential. In the process, I had to admit that I did not know what my highest potential was because I was backing off from pushing the limits of the instructions I picked up as a child from the way other people acted and talked. I know my mother and grandparent encouraged me to achieve my highest potential to the best of their abilities. Part of my beliefs concerned dogma I had picked up from other people in my life--such as the children I associated with and their parents.

Sometimes, I suspect, the biggest thing holding people back from achieving their highest potential is the inability (if that is the right word) to question the expectations of society and the example-instructions from the people around them. I know that, for a while, I was reluctant to do that.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954282-Midweek-Reflections-Self-knowledge