*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954527-Seasons-and-Holy-Days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#954527 added March 18, 2019 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
Seasons and Holy Days
Kamál (Perfection), 17 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 175 B.E. - Monday, March 18, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT: March 18th - In my part of the world, it’s finally starting to feel like spring. I can't wait to see the sun again! *Sun* What is your favorite season? How does the weather affect your mood? Does the weather affect your motivation to write?

Spring,
joyful spring,
it's time for birds
to mate and sing.

What is my favorite season? Do I have a favorite season? Each season has its own special attributes, beauty, and irritations. When I was a child, I liked winter in Oklahoma because of the snow and the sparkling stars at night. In my senior years I like spring and autumn in Nevada because they are neither too hot nor too cold. My joints heart less in the heat, but the electric bill is cheaper in the spring and fall.

In addition to the weather, there are the Holy Days. In spring, Naw-Ruz--in March--and Ridvan--April 20 to May 2--. In the fall there are the Twin Holy Days, the celebrations of the Birth of the Bab and Baha'u'llah. Since Naw-Ruz 2015, the Twin Birthdays or Holy Days are celebrated on the first and second day following the eight new moon after Naw-Ruz, which in 2019 are October 29 and 30.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954527-Seasons-and-Holy-Days