*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955555-Do-you-really-need-a-publisher
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2180333
Recording the adventure of being an indie authour.
#955555 added April 1, 2019 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
Do you really need a publisher?
I'm amazed at the number of people in writing groups who desperately want a publisher. They see the success self-published authors have and yet they look down on the thought. The thing is, while you're "desperately" looking to get published by that big ol' publisher - the rest of us already are. :) We have a fan base. We have people buying our books. We're invited to author books sales at libraries and such. Our books are already in libraries! Meanwhile, you're still crying about not having a publisher, because you think self-publishing and Amazon are beneath you. It's really sad.

It reminds me of the author who came to our writer's group last week. He's published 14 books, most of them through a traditional publisher. He insulted those of us who self-publish through Amazon by saying it's for beginners. I thought of what Amit Offir, who has sold over a million books, and others would say to that. It wouldn't be very nice.

Amazon is for anyone who wants to share their stories with as many people as possible, and they make it happen. Without Amazon, books by authors like Amit Offir, Daniel Mark Brown, Nathan Meunier, Vitaly Ostepetz,Itay Mashiach, H. J. Shalev, and more, would not exist. It would be a great loss because they're all fantastic writers!

Arrogance will only hold you back as a writer. Step up to the plate and publish that book of yours on your own! Go for it!




© Copyright 2019 paranormalnut (UN: paranormalnut at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
paranormalnut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955555-Do-you-really-need-a-publisher