*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955923-An-Alternate-Planet
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#955923 added April 6, 2019 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
An Alternate Planet
Prompt: Scientists have discovered there are humans (not aliens) living on another planet, but they have one major difference when compared to Earthlings. What's that difference, and what are their lives like?

----

On this planet, in the deep valleys of high mountains and happy creeks and rivers, lay the villages where people live.

I don’t know which force had thrown me in there, but I was surprised to find people with bodies like us. I still am as I look back and recall.

These people are exactly like us. Even their racial features are akin to those we have on earth. Their one difference is that they all speak the same language as the villages don’t belong to any one country. In fact, the entire planet is one country, in which people travel freely from one village to another in sophisticated air-vehicles.

Then, the biggest difference of this entire realm is that no living thing eats another living thing. Although the people's bodies work the same as ours, the air they breathe coagulates and turns into food in their mouths. The same goes for every living thing. The animals, too, feed on air, and there are no plants that eat other living things, and as such, no plant exists resembling the Venus’s Fly Trap on earth. This must be why those plants are smaller but brilliant in colors, colors we don't even know about here on earth.

This must also be why these people and all the other living things are so peaceful on that planet. Not that they see everything eye-to-eye, but they are accepting and tolerant of one another.

Thus, not only with nutrition but also with their social norms, nothing feeds on any other living thing.

Still, I like the taste of our food much better. *Wink* *Laugh*




© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/955923-An-Alternate-Planet