*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956378-Smile--Autism-is-what-it-is
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2158633
Feeling Right Every Day!
#956378 added April 11, 2019 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
Smile! Autism is what it is.
Autism. There are many shades of Autism. I am not an expert in this by any means, but I do deal with it every day. Things don't make any sense what so ever, but they must be done and in perfect order. Take, for example, the bedtime ritual: Two puffs of breathing treatment, one puff of nasal spray in each nostril, brush the teeth, and put jammies on right after going potty. Someone must feed the indoor and outdoor cats and do the litter. I have to get a drink of water. Two prayers are said and I turn off the lights. The lights are tested to be sure they are off and the door gets wiggled and the knob twisted. Hits the door three times which indicates it is okay to open it. When ready, pushes the door shut and hits the door again. I open the door and say, "Get in bed!" I have to ask if I should tuck in again or just go. Go, is the answer. On the way out, I get, "Goodnight. See you in the morning." Doesn't matter that I don't during the weekdays. I have to work!

This ritual gets followed every night. Just thought I should share this since this is the month for it. Not that Autism is only one month a year. How silly if it were true! My boy has autism quite severely. Most people don't even know they have it! I suspect it is somewhat contagious. Just a thought, that.

© Copyright 2019 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956378-Smile--Autism-is-what-it-is