*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956525-Living-With-Attitude
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#956525 added April 15, 2019 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Living With Attitude
Dr. Seiple concludes: “I believe death is but the doorway to the rest of life, but until it is time to step through, I want to live like the lilies, expectantly, with enough for today.”

         The above was a recent quote by a Marine specialist, one of the founders of a special unit at the Pentagon. He has a brain tumor and stage four cancer. It rang a bell with me.

         Many of us, believing in life after death, are ready when the time goes. There will be no regrets, no fears. At the same time we want to say loudly, "Not yet". Someone like Dr. Seiple, who knows the end is near, lives in between "ready" and "not yet". So his words are quite understandable. Why give up too soon? Blossom and sway in the breeze until the very end.

         The rest of us don't know how soon our end is coming. We are mortal, so surely it will come. But until it does, I want to live like the flowers, putting off fragrance and color and beauty. We should all make the most of our days, whether it is enjoying ourselves, spending time with family, or helping the less fortunate. If I die next week, I don't want to be remembered as a whiner and complainer, do you? I want to be the one who dyed Easter eggs with children, who quoted Shakespeare, and smiled at people. Living each day "expectantly" is a great way to live it.

© Copyright 2019 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956525-Living-With-Attitude