*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/957070
Rated: XGC · Book · Horror/Scary · #2187629
Suitable refuse.
#957070 added May 29, 2019 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
Oopsy Daisy
Each word I type drips like blood from my fingertips.

The metaphorical red isn't being spilled as much as I'd like tonight though; I just can't believe how much literal blood I've shed of late.

Not my blood, but for some reason I just feel terrible about it.

My mate said it'd be a simple break and enter; nobody home, in and out, simple.

The first wasn't even my fault.

I climbed in the open window facing the backyard, these rich pricks never think to lock up; I probably wouldn't either if I paid as much as they do for insurance.

Like I said though, I thought it'd be a simple in and out.

As I came to the stairs, the stupid old dago spotted me.

I don't know if his heart gave out, or he had a stroke, or if it was the long fall down the stairs, but the weak little man didn't get back up.

Unfortunately when he tumbled down the stairs, a revolver slipped out of his dressing gown, and fired, alerting his whole gimpy family to my presence.

What else could I do, I grabbed the gun and blasted his wife and son as they ran into the room.

The last bullet I put into the old man's skull, just to make sure that he was dead.

Frightened beyond measure, I went to leave but saw a framed family photo hanging on the wall, showing the three I'd killed and a girl.

A force which I can't explain took me over, I tore that house apart for nearly ten minutes before I found her.

She was a little older than the picture, maybe sixteen or so; for a moment I thought about letting her go, then I saw the phone in her hand and the monster came back out.

I grabbed a handful of that little bitch's hair and dragged her into the kitchen.

She screamed so goddamn loud; thank god the nearest neighbor was miles away.

My hands moved before I knew what I was doing, viciously striking her face over and over.

Her face swollen and bloodied, she begged for me to stop, and I did.

The demon left me for a moment, long enough for me to wince at its gruesome handiwork.

I knelt over her, she cowered away from me.

She gurgled what sounded like a 'get away from me'; I told her to shut up.

My disgust turned to pity.

I sat down beside her and shared a life-altering exchange.

Looking back, nothing said was all that profound, although my feelings froze with time; during the conversation I realized exactly how insignificant her life was.

Her name was Daisy

She had no goals, no hope for a future; if anything my killing her was a mercy.

I'll bet she thought I wouldn't do it, that we were becoming friends, and I'd just turn myself in to the police.

As you know, that's not what happened.

Mid-sentence, I cracked her up the side of her head with the empty pistol, before I wrapped my hands around her neck, and strangled the life out of her.

Stationary youthful eyes, her supple jaw relaxed, her skin felt different.

The sight of this girl, this dead girl, awakened something deep inside me, something dark.

My newfound darkness drove my instincts.

I grabbed a long carving knife and straddled her; sharp steel gracefully carved into her tender flesh with the ease of a birds wings cutting through air.

Although I didn't leave with the treasures I'd hoped for, her forbidden meat was far too compelling to leave.

I only wish that I'd taken more.

Those few Daisy-steaks were unlike any meat I'd ever tasted.

So sweet and juicy; I implore you dear readers, if the chance presents itself, indulge in the most taboo of delicacies, you can thank me for it later.
© Copyright 2019 Laurie Razor (UN: laurie-razor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Laurie Razor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/957070