*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958174-The-Conclusion
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#958174 added May 3, 2019 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
The Conclusion
Prompt: Write whatever sparks your writing with this opening line "As night became day, the conclusion was clear but were we ready for the answer?"

=====

As night became day, the conclusion was clear, but were we ready for the answer? I had thought about this a lot while I watched the late night news, which wasn’t exactly a bunch of red roses but more like poison ivy.

We were now sitting in a circle meditating out in the forest surrounded by redwood trees. Although the trees’ deep shades kept us quite cool, the weather was unusually warm. It was a slow, graceful meditation that I liked, while I enjoyed my heels touching the earth and feeling as if I were of the earth, of vegetation somehow.

What was the only revolution that could possibly succeed to bring our calm state to the rest of the earth? The conclusion we each had arrived in our own personal and special ways was the same. Yet, the inhabitants of this planet were not ready for it, and that, we accepted with our hearts breaking.

Yes, even such love, the transcendental kind, needed some work, some readiness, some wishful thinking. And the denizens of our planet just needed time.



© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958174-The-Conclusion