*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958205-My-Journey-with-Autoimmune-diseases
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#958205 added October 21, 2019 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
My Journey with Autoimmune diseases!
I truly don't know where to begin on this journey. I could start at the beginning, but I think I should start here in my day to day life. Explaining what I battle with on a daily basis. I'm not here to complain, but I truly believe that other's should know about the silent battles that autoimmune patients have to deal with.

It is a daily battle, I do mean daily. Just to get out of bed after fighting all night just to get a few hour's sleep. I toss and turn so much I end up either wrapped like a burrito or no covers on me at all. Hot flashes are normal in the spring and summer, freezing in the fall and winter. Headaches and migraines have been a normal occurrence along with brain fog. I pray that I get a good night's sleep so I can have a normal day. They are few and far between. I celebrate when I do have them and cherish every moment I have without the pain running down my arms and legs. You don't see it because it's not visible to the naked eye.

If I eat something I'm allergic to I swell up like a balloon and I do mean balloon. The pain that goes with it is horrible and if you've never experienced it you have no idea. I would never wish that on my worst enemy. Some days I hurt from my hair to my toes all day long. You think I might be exaggerating about it. Well, folks, I'm not. Autoimmune diseases are silent painful diseases.

You have to watch what you eat, what you wear, what you drink, makeup, toothpaste, medications, vitamins, shampoos, conditioners, gels, even your laundry soap. Somedays I think why eat it's going to hurt. I put makeup on for a date that I had. I broke out in horrible blisters, never to hear from him again. Talk about embarrassing. Because unfortunately, you don't know what you're allergic to until you test yourself one by one. Most doctors don't even know what causes them. Because everybody is different and you need to figure out what your allergic to before you can find a diagnosis for yourself. The autoimmune diseases I have, the next person might not have, they might have a different one or even more than one.

We are individually battling our own battles within our own bodies. Some days, I have battles going on in three different parts of my body. Other days it could be just one and occasionally I have none. That's when I celebrate along with cleaning my house or anything else I need to do. I forced myself to get out of bed and to do at least something each day even if it's just to walk and open the front door and close it. Sometimes I tell myself not today but at least I'm out of bed.

I do know that I'm not the only one that is going through the silent battles there are thousands and thousands of people. The doctors don't even know what causes them. I think truly we have the answer and it is right in front of us. The mass production of our foods, drugs, and etc. The things that we put into our bodies and on our bodies. God made these bodies to function on natural resources.

So, if you know someone who is silently hurting talk to them, listen to them. Their lonely and truly feel lost, and desperately alone. There are support groups that really help each other. I'm on one that has over 10,000 members and growing every day. We help each other with moral support and things to ask your doctor about. What test that needs to run, trust me. Your doctor won't know what hit them.

I hope that I have helped anyone out there that has autoimmune diseases or knows someone that does. If you have questions I'll try and direct you as much as I can.

Hugzzzzz and love, *Hug* *Heart* *Hug*

Teresa aka LegendaryMask♥️

Double trouble



© Copyright 2019 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958205-My-Journey-with-Autoimmune-diseases