*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958341-Finding-Time-for-the-Crafting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#958341 added May 6, 2019 at 1:01pm
Restrictions: None
Finding Time for the Crafting...
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT May 6th
Regarding your craft of writing, is there something specific you want to improve on or give more attention? What steps will you take to motivate yourself?


As far as my craft goes, developing discipline is the number one thing I need to work on. I need to learn to be more deliberate in making time to write, in writing submissions against deadlines and sticking with something until it is a finished draft. I believe successful novel writers make time for their craft. They write as they would show up to work any job, on time and on schedule. I feel that is isn't enough just to write well, you have to be accountable to the craft and to yourself. Writing a blog and keeping up with challenges like this one, I believe are helping me to build writing into my life in such a way that it will enable me to develop the discipline and dedication I will need to produce the novels and novellas that lie in wait for me. I believe I have the spark, the idea but I need more to carry it all through.

I have visions of wrapping up my day in my writing nook, banging out several chapters a night towards a goal. It is a lofty and luminous fantasy however, as life always seems to intervene. There is always something that seems to drive a wedge between a productive night of writing and me. Everyone lives life under a mountain of different demands.

I have taken steps though. I've created a space for myself - a corner of the house where I can go and work. Now all I have to do is carve out a schedule and stick to it.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958341-Finding-Time-for-the-Crafting