*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958547-June-Spritual-Newsletter-Deadline-June-3-2019
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#958547 added June 5, 2019 at 6:35pm
Restrictions: None
June Spritual Newsletter (Deadline June 3, 2019)
https://www.unenvironment.org/news-and-stories/press-release/china-host-world-en...
https://bahaiteachings.org/un-world-environment-day-connecting-people-nature
https://bahaiteachings.org/un-world-environment-day-facing-the-real-elephant-in-...
http://www.nrccc.org/
https://medium.com/wedonthavetime/u-s-religious-leaders-issue-religious-declarat...
http://news.trust.org/item/20190513075240-vucxq/?fbclid=IwAR1qLuL-KFrgghfd24odUU...

Editor's Picks

1. The Lord is Good!
2. Praying Rights
3. In Significant
4. Caverns
5. Sol
6.
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

World Environment Day

Heading 2

World Environment Day - June 5, 2019

Hook

Do we have a climate emergency?

About This Newsletter

“Let’s nurture the nature so that we can have a better future.”
World Environment Day Slogan 2019

"Our planet, the earth, acknowledges nature’s omnipresent sovereignty. The kingdoms of the mineral, vegetable and animal respond to nature’s will and fiat of control. The great bulky elephant with its massive strength has no power to disobey the restrictions nature has laid upon him; but man, weak and diminutive in comparison, empowered by mind which is an effulgence of Divinity itself, can resist nature’s control and apply natural laws to his own uses."
Abdu’l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 351.

“We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment”.
Margaret Mead

Letter From the Editor

In 1974, the United Nations declared June 5 World Environment Day   in order to help educate humanity about its effect on its environment. Since that time, we have learned much about the way we human beings affect our environment for both good and bad. One of the ways we effect our environment is through air pollution, which also causes health problems in both humans and animals.

The World Environment Day theme is "Beat Air Pollution", which is caused by both humans and nature. While there is very little we can to to prevent nature's air pollution (volcanoes, dust storms, etc.), there is a great deal we can do to "Beat Air Pollution" by humans. Taking care of our environment will help both civilization and individuals grow physically, materially, and spiritually.

Many things humans do stress the environment, which in turn stresses humans and animals. One of those things, which, its self, is part of the environment is the climate. Global warming is becoming a problem, and, could be, bordering on an emergency. At least that is what several interfaith environmental organizations believe. Whether or not climate change is an emergency is up to each individual to determine for themselves.

God gave each of us a mind to use to investigate reality and any news items we read. World Environment Day is a good time to begin investigating those things that stress our environment, and come to our own conclusions. I can determine what I believe through investigation, prayer, and contemplation, but I can't tell anyone else what to believe because everyone has the ability to come to their own conclusions and opinions.

Please, let me know what you think about this, or any other issue. Do you have questions for me about what I believe that you would like answered?

Editors Picks

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2190554 by Not Available.

Excerpt: I can not stop singing and shouting these words of joy in my soul!...

STATIC
Praying Rights…  (E)
Who owns God?
#1464961 by Robin:TheRhymeMaven

Excerpt: My God on High – I stand with Thee
         in wisdom You convey.
         You gave us all an open mind
         to seek and find our way.
         Man’s paths were formed within a course;
         we sought religions to enforce
         our understanding of The Source –
         The One to Whom we pray…

STATIC
In Significance  (E)
A reflection on our place in the universe
#2182548 by Words Whirling 'Round

Excerpt: I’m merely one among millions,
         part of a fleeting mayfly dance;
         unremarked and unremembered
         when my seventy years have passed.

 Caverns  (E)
The richest veins always run deeper
#2110136 by Logan

Excerpt: Echoes of a pipe dream
         Resonate below
         Places where the heart deems
         Too dangerous to go

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1929306 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Most stars are in binary or
         trinary or quaternary systems
         Our star is solitary
         Stars must exchange matter

Activities, Groups, and Contests

FORUM
SugarCube's Monthly Random Contest!!  (13+)
A New Contest Every Two Weeks!
#2175732 by IceSkatingSugarCube


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2162300 by Not Available.



Quick-Quill writes: Alzheimer effects the brain. What God had settled in the heart cannot be touched. That relationship with him if set before the person gets the disease, cannot be taken away. I'v seen the same thing with may of our older saints in the church. They don't remember their family, but can sing hymns word for word or quote their favorite scripture all with the reader. God is faithful. While the evil is manifested on this earth as a way of destroying the mind, Our relationship with God cannot be touched by His decree. Look at Job. God allowed Satan to take his possessions and even attack his body, but he could not touch his life or his relationship with God. Hold fast to your faith in spite of the storm around you.

shepherd46 writes: What a wonderful piece on your mom and Alzheimer's! She didn't forget her faith and that is fantastic! My mom died of Alzheimer's in 2013. She couldn't remember her children's names and so many other things but she never forgot to love. To me, that is a wonderful legacy. I will always love her!

© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958547-June-Spritual-Newsletter-Deadline-June-3-2019