*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958735-The-Gift
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#958735 added May 11, 2019 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
The Gift
Write your entry today from the perspective of an animal. You could choose a pet, a lioness on the hunt, a rhino being pursued by poachers, or any other animal of your choice.

"We have a rodent problem in the yard."

"Hey, kitty!" was the Feeder's only response.

"Are you listening to me? There are mice. In the yard." I brushed his legs in frustration, ducking out of the way of his questing paw. I wasn't in the mood to be touched; I just wanted him to listen.

"What are you meowing about?"

All that work, and he still doesn't understand me. No one does. I stalked to the door. "Let me out," I demanded.

"What are you doing? You just now came inside."

I pawed at the door. The Feeder sighed and opened it. I bolted.

Fine. The Feeder won't do anything about it, so I will. I took my perch on the porch, and watched. And waited.

Soon enough, I saw something flit through the tall grass, hesitant, wary. Still, I waited.

It inched closer. I felt my tail twitching in anticipation. And yet, I waited.

Closer and closer it quested. I could see it now. Not a mouse. A mole. Close enough. I pounced.

I can't seem to get through to him with words. Perhaps something more... physical. Dropping the now-dead mole just outside the door, I signaled for entry.

This part usually takes some time, but he must have been near the door. It opened, and I saw his gaze move from me to the message. Sitting, I looked at him and said, "See? Rodents."

He slammed the door in my face. Licking my lips, I trotted off to find another one.


...yeah, I know, not the sort of thing I usually post here, but what's the blog activity for if not to stretch one's boundaries? Now to go bag some presents my cats left me.

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958735-The-Gift