*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958755-A-Day-In-the-Forest
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#958755 added May 11, 2019 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
A Day In the Forest
Write your entry today from the perspective of an animal. You could choose a pet, a lioness on the hunt, a rhino being pursued by poachers, or any other animal of your choice.


Red DragonIf we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.”
Steve Irwin {link: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/wildlife
}

The following story is fiction. The names and places protect the innocent and bear no resemblance to any thing really true.*Laugh*

A Hunter's Yarn *Tea*


"I can hear the heavy breathing as she runs. See, the broken bushes and brush. She went this way."

"RRRRoar. I'm not running any more I'm bigger than that man. Maybe if I take a stand I can scare him away. RRRRROAR! Stay away I have long claws. I'll eat you." The bear stood straight up on it's hind legs and waved it's massive claws at the man with the gun.

"Be sure you get it in the right place Joe." One quick bang sound, then a sudden solid thunk like the projectile hit something solid.

"Rrrr...I'm hit. Everything is going dark."

"Wait Sam make sure it's down and out for good, before you approach." The two men approach the bear and moved the body so they can look at its teeth better. "That was sure a good shot Joe."

"Look here is a tooth that needs to come out." Joe pointed to a tooth as he clipped a tag into the bears ear.

Sam leaned over Joe's shoulder to look. "OK. Let me in there, I knew there was some reason you asked me to come along on this hunt. I brought some tools along let's clean all the teeth. Sam pulled the tooth and handed it to Joe. " Put that in your trophy bag."

Next, Sam took out some small power tools and cleaned the rest of the teeth in the bear's mouth. "This wasn't what I had in mind when I went to dental school." Sam worked quickly, then the two left the bear's carcass and moved to higher ground.

Soon the bear began to move around. It staggered at first,in a drunken way, when it got up onto all four feet. Soon, the bear was meandering toward a flowing stream that was close.

"Wow. I guess that hunter missed me. I must have scared him away. Anyway, it was a good day for a nap. I'll just have a cool drink." The bear smiled at itself in the water's reflective mirror.

"Would you look at those pearly white teeth. I bet it's all those berries I eat that keep my teeth so clean. That hunter must have run clear over into the next county when he saw how big and white my teeth are. The tooth that hurt must have fell out when I roared at the man. Guess I'll go eat some more berries, I know just where there is a good berry bush. Then, maybe I'll take another nap on the big sunny rock above my winter cave."

*Butterfly2B* THE END *MushroomBr*


Reference: This short short story was inspired by a field note titled, Pearly Whites, by WCO Ricky Deiterich, Bloomsburg--- in the September 2017 issue of Pennsylvania Game News

Merit Badge in Encore! Encore!
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for your interesting entries in the 30 day 50/50 Lyn See Ya!



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958755-A-Day-In-the-Forest