*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958908-201914-Burnt-out-blog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#958908 added May 14, 2019 at 12:35am
Restrictions: None
2019年5月14日: Burnt-out blog
This stood out for me: "One way to manage this problem is to shift your focus from wishing you had more time to maximizing the time you have."

I now do this with money. Yes, if I want to go around the world with Road Scholars I'll have to find $50,000. Any givers out there? Didn't think so. I manage quite well on limited income (social security only). It allows me to travel; but... I have to give up a nice place to live, a car, fancy meals, a phone, cable... I just turn off those "burners".

Years ago I burnt out mid-air and crashed. It wasn't a pretty sight and some folks felt injured by the wreckage. Others were perplexed. I couldn't keep all my burners going. When the "gas was shut off" (I lost my job) I lost my health and everything I had. By moving I lost family and friends. Smart? Nope.

I kept in touch with family because I had to, but they only knew what I shared and mostly I wasn't talking. I kept in touch with ONE friend and had to make new ones (not a problem for me, but it was work to start over and over and over again as I moved and now travel).

My new "work" became my writing but without any making any money. Family was still not involved much and even today they aren't. "I don't do friends" because I don't trust anyone. I'm still in touch with that ONE friend though and keep in touch with folks here at WDC and around the world (through blogs and facebook). My health was compromised by high anxiety that lead to high blood pressure... and that has lead to other issues. I'll go to the doctor's Thursday and explain why I'm really concerned. I may need to insist that tests be done.

If I have to cut back or cut out social media (including WDC) to restore my health, I just may do so (with warning). Friends and family though may not be informed of details.

So yes, I'm loath to rekindle embers from years ago. Those ashes should be buried. I'm still mostly burnt.

Today's burnt flash-fiction offering (placed in Gdansk, Poland; I have the photo):

 
STATIC
Girl with the pink umbrella  (18+)
Flash fiction of less than 300 words: umbrella, walk, thread
#2190974 by Kåre Enga in Udon Thani

101.837

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958908-201914-Burnt-out-blog